Elements 3.0, I can't believe they offered a demo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by clutch, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. The definition of serious has changed. :)

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 9, 2005

  2. clutch

    clutch Guest

    Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep playing with the trial a bit and
    likely, will pick up the paid version in a couple weeks before the
    trial times out.

    Wes

    clutch, Mar 9, 2005

  3. clutch

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Really amusing for a guy who started working with computers on a machine
    with LESS than 1k of ram. We did military and civilian payroll for abut
    20,000 people, including printing checks, and personnel processing, and
    training records, as well as maintenance manhour accounting. I am sure
    anyone proposing a computer with 1k of ram these days would be found
    legally insane. Times change.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 10, 2005
  4. clutch

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Even with some rather ugly warts on the Organizer, I think the program
    is worth the asking price.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 10, 2005
  5. clutch

    clutch Guest

    Ferite, drum, or something else?

    Wes

    clutch, Mar 10, 2005
  6. 1 Gig of RAM and about 1.9 GHz

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 13, 2005
  7. clutch

    Iain Laskey Guest

    Any examples?

    Iain

    Iain Laskey, Mar 13, 2005
  8. clutch

    Ron Hunter Guest

    The most annoying, for me it the inability to relink files moved from
    outside Organizer except by a laborious 4 click per picture ordeal.
    There are concerns about catalog corruption, failure to import tags, and
    some other minor problems. So far, the only problem Adobe has corrected
    is an issue with US/European date formats.
    Problems with the editor portion seem limited to a tendency for the
    image to 'jump' if the picture is using scroll bars. I haven't seen
    that one.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 13, 2005
  9. clutch

    Iain Laskey Guest

    Thanks Ron.

    Iain

    Iain Laskey, Mar 14, 2005
  10. clutch

    nobody Guest

    This is a test only, apologies!!!!
    Nobody

    nobody, Mar 14, 2005
  11. An interesting statistic: today I increased the memory of my machine
    to 512MB and tried loading Elements 3.0 by the same route and the time
    decreased from 20 seconds to 15. It does seem that memory is a factor.
    I don't think I am going to try many more modifications since the
    mother board on my 2 1/2 year old machine runs at 266MHz and memory
    with that speed is hard to find. 333MHz is the fashionable speed these
    days but I don't intend to replace a perfectly satisfactory machine
    just yet. My usual criterion is an increase in the CPU speed by about
    5 and I haven't seen any 7GHz machines yet.

    James Silverton, Mar 14, 2005
  12. clutch

    clutch Guest

    Well, I picked up a copy today at Sam's club (78.37) plus MI tax. I
    had it on order for a couple weeks with amazon but they pushed back
    delivery date and Sam's was 7 bucks less :)

    On my machine, it is taking 10 seconds to load to organizer which is
    such an improvement. I don't know why they made the trial slow
    either.

    Thanks for your help on this,

    Wes

    clutch, Mar 20, 2005