Electrical Safety testing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    whoisthis Guest

    "-=[Waylon Smithers]=-"
    You will find if you service it for yourself, ie you OWN it then there
    may not be an issue. If you service anything for a family member (not in
    your homne), neighbour, etc etc then yes you must be registered.
    whoisthis, Apr 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    CSE Guest

    Not if you do not Charge...
    CSE, Apr 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Keith Guest

    Answer the man's question Woger. What country has a less presciptive
    safety regime but still maintains an acceptable level of safety?
    Keith, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    WRONG - even if you do not charge. Roger - get your copy of the regs
    out and check.
    EMB, Apr 28, 2005
  5. Yes. Looking at the consumer appliances I have purchased over the last
    few years they all carry the C-tick which is what Aust/NZ uses to
    indicate conformity. You should look at


    where it is all explained for you. You will of course need to look at
    the other pages linked from there.

    Of course if you were Registered you would do your bit for safety in
    NZ by notifying the owners of the unsafe equipment, and the Secretary
    of Energy, as required by Reg 50.
    I've answered your question, could you please now answer mine.
    Malcolm Moore, Apr 28, 2005
  6. Wrong again. If you are repairing equipment owned by someone other
    than a close family member, you must be registered, or be working
    under the supervision of a supervisor of electrical work. One of the
    limitations of working under supervision is that you must not work on
    equipment connected to the supply. The supervisor must be registered.

    If you are registered and charging for that work you must also have a
    current practicing licence.

    See the Electricity Act 1992 which can be seen at


    Of course if you are only working on extra low voltage equipment you
    can do anything, but in that case your concerns about safety would be
    even more absurd.
    Malcolm Moore, Apr 28, 2005
  7. Not if you do not Charge...

    FFS WOger, this is the same discussion had in nz.comp a couple of years
    ago !

    You legally need to be registered. You do not want to be.

    Eveeryone has been giving you links to prove how wrong you are. Try
    registering before you kill someone. Unless it's yourself.
    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Apr 30, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz


    Aug 8, 2012
    Likes Received:
    The electrical safety tests commonly available, on medical equipment safety testers. Although HEI 95 and DB9801 are no longer current, they are referred to in the text, since many medical electronics departments have used them, as a basis for local acceptance testing and even, the routine testing protocols. Protocols based on both, sets of guidance are also available on many medical equipment- safety testers.

    Source info
    jacksonwilliam, Aug 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.