Eigrp Hello packets and ATM interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jeff R, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Jeff R

    Jeff R Guest

    I have two 3640 routers sitting next to one another. I have a 1AT3
    card in both routers.

    I am trying to configure eigrp to exchange routes by the atm
    interfaces, but I do not see the eigrp hello packets being sent out
    the atm0/0 interface at all.

    Jeff

    Router A
    ---------------
    interface ATM0/0
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    !
    interface ATM0/0.1 point-to-point
    bandwidth 4500000
    ip address 172.16.1.2 255.255.255.252
    pvc ip 0/100
    protocol ip 172.16.1.2 broadcast
    !
    router eigrp 100
    network 10.16.1.0 0.0.0.255
    auto-summary

    Router B
    ------------------
    interface ATM0/0
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    !
    interface ATM0/0.1 point-to-point
    bandwidth 4500000
    ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.252
    pvc ip 0/100
    protocol ip 172.16.1.1 broadcast
    !
    router eigrp 100
    network 10.16.1.0 0.0.0.255
    auto-summary

    Jeff R, Dec 31, 2003

  2. You would need to list the subnet of the ATM interface as participating in
    the EIGRP protocol, eg

    router eigrp 100
    network 10.16.1.0 0.0.0.255
    network 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255