    CBIC Guest

    I keep imagining some [email protected] who actually has a job reading these and
    following my "advice".

    CBIC, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Wasn't a joke. I actually like EFS a whole lot. As well I use Microsoft
    Certificate Services regularly. For things like OWA and Exchange RPC over
    SSL, B2B Web services, IPSec implementations, and Encrypted File Systems.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    Your users can have those rights, as for me, I lock mine down so tight they
    can't even right-click on the desktop. Let's em know who's in control:)

    MitchS, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    Mine has 0 lusers with admin privileges. 1 admin (myself). and a couple of
    account/backup operators. Nope, no lusers with admin pw here.
    Which is why "permissions" exist.
    If it was that important, it should not have been left unchecked. And FDIC
    banks are audited a lot and I've never had that problem.

    MitchS, Mar 2, 2006
  5. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You try to confuse!

    Frisbee®, Mar 2, 2006
  6. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You should do a screenshot of their desktop, then hide all their icons and
    the taskbar, and then finally set the wallpaper to the screenshot.

    Hilarity ensues.

    Frisbee®, Mar 2, 2006
  7. how so?? :)

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 2, 2006
  8. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    If I knew that, I wouldn't be confused!

    Frisbee®, Mar 2, 2006
  9. Guest

    LRM Guest

    OMG! LMAO! I have wanted to do something like this for a long time to my
    boss. His response would be "I need a new computer."

    LRM, Mar 2, 2006
  10. Guest

    LRM Guest

    Crack the whip! that's what I always say. Oh yeah and no right-click for my
    clusers either.

    LRM, Mar 2, 2006
  11. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    Do you disable the USB ports as well? That one I really loved. no
    flash/disk drives for them he he he he. And on the thin clients of course
    there is no floppy or cd drive either. Truly a beautiful arrangement.

    MitchS, Mar 2, 2006
  12. Guest

    LRM Guest

    I miss thin clients, lots of control with TS. I don't disable usb on all
    systems, depends on cluser.

    LRM, Mar 2, 2006
  13. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Yeah, when I started I was gung ho too but it just became too much work
    taking their calls.

    CBIC, Mar 2, 2006
  14. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    It works better if you move the taskbar to the top.

    TechGeekPro, Mar 2, 2006
  15. good point.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 2, 2006
  16. Guest

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    That is one of the perks of working for a small company (which I am now doing)
    When you work for larger companies, there are just too many clusers trying to
    step over everyone else.

    [snip]
    As handy as they are, MS permissions suck.

    Example, I have a folder setup on the server that each *client computer*
    accesses to log the LogOn and LogOff events as they are triggered on each
    computer. I do not, however, want the *users* of the computers to go looking
    through the folder, possibly modifying times, etc. So, I grant the Computer
    rights to read, write, modify, etc., *but*, I don't give those rights to the
    user. Doesn't work, since the user can't view the folder, the computer can't
    write to it.

    MS also combines permissions that contradict other settings.
    Create Files / Write Data...say I want users to be able to write data to
    files that exist in a particular folder, but I don't want them to create anymore
    files in that folder.
    Create Folders / Append Data... What if I want users to be able to append
    data (write to a folder), but not create folders.

    One of the biggest problems I have seen in just about every company that I have
    worked for is that users love to Click and Drag, versus Right-Click and Drag
    (which gives you options once you release the button). This in itself can wreak
    havok when a folder is inadvertently dragged to the wrong place, or even when
    they don't realize they have moved a folder. Say they just go to grab their
    mouse and for that split second, they click the left button as they move the
    mouse, if the cursor is above a folder, that folder can get moved (or copied, if
    it is across the network) and they won't even realize it.

    [snip]
    Who the h3ll thinks about checking every folder in the structure for Encryption
    Keys that are a year old?

    FDIC Banks probably have a better structure than a Medium sized Government
    Contractor too.

    Bigus Dickus, Mar 2, 2006
  17. Guest

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    PotD! The most entertaining thus far.

    Bigus Dickus, Mar 2, 2006
  18. Guest

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    This post has turned out to be truly entertaining.

    Bigus Dickus, Mar 2, 2006
  19. Guest

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Screw 'em, they can wait, just like everyone else.

    Bigus Dickus, Mar 2, 2006
  20. Guest

    Kurt Guest

    Sorry, my newsserver routinely exceeds the number of allowed connections for
    my ISP and I only get a partial update (or none at all). when I typed my
    post this AM there was only the OP and 1 more. But I do regurgitate well,
    don't I?

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Mar 2, 2006