    fine? Can anyone gimme some good tips?
    Now more generally speaking, is it a risk to take or not? What about
    second hand lenses?

    Vince_Ecosse, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Vince_Ecosse

    PHH699 Guest

    £299 from www.7dayshop.com

    Supplied from Channel Islands - suggest you search for nature of guarantee
    provided, but still "comfort" of it being a new product.

    As to thoughts on "second hand" product, the 28-135 is often used "walk
    around lens" and hence may have suffered significant occasional "knocks" etc
    when in everyday use, which may not always be visible on casing.

    PHH699, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Vince_Ecosse

    NC Guest

    Be very very careful - the IS on these can be expensive to repair.
    HOWEVER - I have just bought one from Jessops Used Stock for £190 - and
    it comes with a 12month guarantee. They retail it for £370 !! :) :)

    NC, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Vince_Ecosse

    eatmorepies Guest

    I have bought two EF lenses from 7 Day - good prices and very fast delivery.

    They tell me that if the thing breaks within a week, sent it back for a new
    one. Otherwise contact them if it breaks within the1 year warranty period,
    they will then tell me where to send it. Their Canon contact is in the UK -
    I am told.

    Whilst they are not official UK Canon distributers they shift a lot of Canon
    stuff and I trust that they will be there if I need them during the first
    year . In amateur use I can't see a Canon lenses failing in such a short
    time anyway.

    John

    eatmorepies, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Vince_Ecosse

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Take your camera along and ask to try it.

    Neil Ellwood, Jun 10, 2005