    (to $495). The Windows version is now selling for what the Linux one did
    originally. Still over a 20% price premium for the former, though.

    Hey, Dick Smith lists the new 900 model! For $749. Oops, no actual stock...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 6, 2008

  2. There is an SD card reader built into both models.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 7, 2008

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Damos Guest

    If I'm brutaly honest. I dont need a laptop at all really.
    The form factor just appeals. Must be careful here as may enter the relm
    of apple users.
    Something that small I can see myself taking to work and backpacking
    around with.
    mmm must admit that its size, would allow me to wiggle two fingers at the
    appler users at work.
    I have a weakness for tech toys...better than a weakness for small
    children.
    Didn't need my tomtom, digital camera, binoculars, or,,, or,,, either.
    The other half spent a diconcerting amount of time the other day looking
    at a powerbook....

    Damos

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, May 7, 2008
  4. The end-user wants their hand held, the salesperson to explain to them
    what's so good about the product, someone to answer their questions after
    they've bought it when they can't get it set up right, a warranty so things
    get fixed for free during a certain period ... all these things cost money.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 7, 2008