    networking routers and access points. what education do i need? can
    anyone recommend a site, links or books?
    tanx

    nnaemeka david, Jan 3, 2012

  2. nnaemeka david

    robert parten

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Routers and Access points are like apples and oranges. Access points are a layer 2 device and routers are layer 3. I think you should learn the basics about networking since this isn't very clear to you.

    robert parten, Jan 3, 2012

  3. nnaemeka david

    Char Jackson Guest

    www.practicallynetworked.com is a great place to start. The menu on
    the left includes tutorials and other background info.

    The kind of networking you're asking about isn't hard. They teach the
    basics in High School around here.

    Char Jackson, Jan 3, 2012
  4. nnaemeka david

    scape

    Joined:
    May 26, 2012
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    I would start by reading the Network+ book. You should really find a community college that offers some networking classes.

    Good luck, Networking is a great field to be in.

    Scape

    scape, May 26, 2012