Editing the fields in properties/summary (Title, Author, Comments etc)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ian Woodrow, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. Ian Woodrow

    Ian Woodrow Guest

    Right, I don't know what this information is called. So much for looking in
    Windows Help ... it tells you things like how to add a comment (which I knew
    anyway) but nothing about the terminology and what these fields are called.

    These are the fields you see when you select properties of a file and go to
    the Summary tab. Title, Subject, Author, Keywords, Comments.

    I am looking for some software that quite simply lets me edit these fields
    in BULK. Crude old Windows doesn't let you edit in bulk. Selecting several
    files and doing properties/summary has the fields greyed out.

    I have tried various things that looked like they should do this but the
    comments did not show when I looked at properties/summary. Some apps seem
    to write comments fine but not to this place.

    Has anyone out there found something that will let me bulk edit these fields
    ?

    It's Windows XP Pro I am using.

    Cheers,

    Woody

    Ian Woodrow, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Ian Woodrow

    John Navas Guest

    1.

    PhotoME
    http://www.photome.de/

    2.

    ExifTool
    http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    3.

    <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/...>

    Microsoft Photo Info enables easy editing of "metadata" for digital
    photographs from inside Windows Explorer

    Published: January 22, 2007

    Microsoft Photo Info is a new software add-in for Microsoft Windows that
    allows photographers to add, change and delete common "metadata"
    properties for digital photographs from inside Windows Explorer. It also
    provides enhanced "hover tips" and additional sort properties for
    digital photographs in Explorer (in Details view).

    Microsoft Photo Info runs on 32-bit versions of Windows XP (with Service
    Pack 2 or later) and the Windows Vista operating systems.

    Free download after Validation.

    John Navas, Feb 21, 2008