    Irfranview but I am unsure if these will do the job.

    Many thanks

    Bill

    gdtobin, Dec 3, 2007

  2. gdtobin

    Ghostrider Guest

    Read the instructions and the Help files. There may be a way to copy and
    paste-fill (with feathering) a less objectional background. JASC Paint
    Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop and other photo editing applications have this
    capability. It might require working with individual pixels but such
    editing is possible.

    Ghostrider, Dec 3, 2007

  3. gdtobin

    Plato Guest

    My son uses Photoshop for editing just about anything:

    Example of what you can do:

    Plato, Dec 3, 2007
  4. gdtobin

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in
    oups.com:
    Unless you have a fair bit of experience it will look like crap.
    Depends on how demanding you are.

    No offense, but given the way most people in the world look, the
    drum may be the best looking thing in the pic.

    If after reading the above sentence you are disposed to do so,
    post the pic in a small binaries group, I'll take out the drum
    and repost it for you.

    thanatoid, Dec 3, 2007
  5. gdtobin

    p.cbuilder98 Guest

    wrote in :
    If your time is valuable then I recommend you visit your local camera store
    and ask them to do it for you.

    p.cbuilder98, Dec 3, 2007
  6. gdtobin

    PeeCee Guest

    Bill

    What you want to do is easy with the right software and artistic skills.
    The program you use will have some influence on how easy it will be but the
    greatest influence will be how well you learn to use it.

    Irfanview while excellent as a picture viewer does not have any real photo
    editing tools.
    Photo Studio from what I can remember has a very basic editing toolset that
    will do at a pinch.
    Perhaps of more importance than the software is the techniques used.
    This page http://www.picturecorrect.com/photoshoptips/remove_items.htm gives
    instruction on removing objects from photo's.
    You will note the instructions are for 'Photoshop' which is rather expensive
    for a one off edit.

    Some alternatives to Photoshop are listed on this page :
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbasedwin/tp/freephotoedw.htm
    They are all free so if necessary try them all.
    The one not listed that may tickle your interest is 'Gimp Shop' which is the
    Gimp with a Photoshop look and feel to it.
    http://www.photo-freeware.net/download_win-eng.php?id=420
    That way you can get a free program with power and an interface that lets
    you use the plethora of Photoshop instructions and guides available on the
    net.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Dec 4, 2007
  7. gdtobin

    joevan Guest

    I use an old PSP version 4.0 to do things like that.
    Old program but works good.
    I also have photo shop CS but use it only occasionally.

    joevan, Dec 5, 2007