    I am want to edit a few lines and then be able to print it after.

    As far as I can tell it's not possible with acrobat viewer.

    Many thanks for any information,

    Dave, Sep 1, 2007

  2. Dave

    Smirnoff Guest

    I think you'll find you need the full Adobe Acrobat to edit, as you say,
    not just the viewer.
    Hopefully, other posters may have links to a third party program that
    can do this.

    Smirnoff, Sep 1, 2007

  3. I have always wondered at the legality of these third party programs that
    let you edit PDF documents.

    Does it not involve decrypting whatever alogrithim is used to secure the
    file?

    Michael Cargill, Sep 1, 2007
  4. I use FoxIt for reading & editing a PDF.

    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php

    @}-}-------Rosee, Sep 1, 2007
  5. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    in message
    If the contents are password-protected, decryption requires extensive
    resources to break it. The PDF (Portable Document Format) itself is
    just a format. Anyone that could figure it out (and without Adobe's
    help) can create or modify it. PDF has always an open document
    standard although getting the specifications for it wasn't easy or
    maybe not even free.

    Read:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format

    That is why Adobe suing or threatening Microsoft who had added (but
    then had to remove) PDF format when saving a file seemed so
    ridiculous. Adobe submitted PDF to ISO as an open standard and then
    only when Microsoft tried to use it did they then feel threatened yet
    OpenOffice supports PDF. Maybe when the Macromedia folks (who are
    used to proprietary Flash format) got acquired by Adobe that they
    forgot PDF was an open standard. Adobe has freely provided the PDF
    specification other companies; e.g., Apple's Mac OS X has built-in
    support for reading and saving of PDF files.

    In the wake of Adobe releasing the entire PDF specification (and doing
    so in the past but often for specialized versions targeting a
    particular usage), it really looks like Adobe can't figure their left
    foot from their right foot in their threat of an antitrust lawsuit
    against Microsoft (which Adobe wants to file in the EU since the EU
    has repeatedly shown bias against Microsoft). Adobe says it is an
    open standard, has submitted it to ISO as an open standard over a
    decade ago, and now is afraid Microsoft is going to steal revenue away
    from sales of Acrobat although Adobe has been providing the PDF spec
    to other software vendors. Adobe starts with the correct letter "A"
    for assholes. I hope XPS turns out to be Microsoft's PDF killer since
    Adobe deserves it. For a blog that summarizes Adobe's attempt to
    monopolize PDF (but only against Microsoft), read
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/39kdfz.

    Vanguard, Sep 1, 2007
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Sep 1, 2007
  7. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    in message

    I don't use Foxit PDF Editor but even I can read the web page that was
    given to you. It is called and *editor*, not a reader or a viewer.
    On the very page given to you, it says, "The first and still the only
    REAL editor for PDF files, allows you to easily and efficiently change
    contents in any existing PDF files." Notice it says *change* the
    contents. Foxit has a reader but that wasn't what you were shown.
    You were shown the EDITOR. The editor isn't free. It costs $99. You
    never specified the solution had to be free.

    Vanguard, Sep 1, 2007
  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Sep 1, 2007
  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Yeah ok calm down! I browsed away from that page without reading
    first. Whooops.

    Good luck with your fight against Adobe.

    Dave, Sep 1, 2007
  10. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    in message

    So why did you waste our time if your intent was to go steal the
    software? Wank off in private. Bet you'll bitch when someone steals
    your stuff.

    Vanguard, Sep 2, 2007
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Don't take it personal. Calm down.

    Thanks to Rosee for you help.

    Laters,..

    Dave, Sep 2, 2007
  12. Dave

    Vanguard Guest

    in message
    An unemployed child speaketh.
    Don't take it personal when your stuff gets stolen. Calm down.
    Yeah, advice from someone with adaptive morality.
    May others do unto you as you have done unto them.

    Tis my error for abetting a Google Grouper.

    Vanguard, Sep 2, 2007
  13. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Lol, calm down and go post about something else now. This topic is
    finish.

    Laters,..

    Dave, Sep 2, 2007