Editing multiple photos into a composite

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TommyC, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. TommyC

    TommyC Guest

    I have one of those composite frames meant to hold a bunch of pictures
    of varying sizes and shapes.

    I'd like to use software (I have an old copy of PSP) to lay things out
    into one image file, then print as an 8x10 (the size of the frame) and
    have everything fit.

    I know enough to carefully measure the frame to get where each picture
    will go and what size it is, but I'm wondering if there's a "fail-safe"
    way to make sure that my layout in PSP is correct the first or second
    time, without having to do a lot of trial and error.

    Suggestions?

    Also, any other tips for doing this type of project? For example, I've
    learned to not crop photos too tightly, lest heads or other important
    features get cut off once the photos are behind the matte.

    TommyC, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Scan the mat at the ppi you intend for the composite image, have this as a
    layer and use it to position the images.

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Dec 15, 2005

  3. TommyC

    TommyC Guest

    Sounds simple. Thanks.

    TommyC, Dec 16, 2005
  4. TommyC

    Marvin Guest

    PSP can do it, with careful placement. Programs like Microsoft Publisher are better for
    page layout.

    Marvin, Dec 16, 2005