    Problem: Edges of the image are curved

    Tried by adjusting the geometry and other settings,no success.Any
    help/suggestions pls.

    Thaqalain, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    EricP Guest

    Yes, it's New Monitor Time!!!!

    EricP, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Dave Lear Guest

    in message
    It's bust and it's out of warranty. Try a repairman (may be more money that
    the CRT is worth) or order a new one.

    Dave Lear, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Yes,u all right.I called IBM,they asked for Purchasing doc/Warranty
    which I don't have as I bought it from garage sale.
    Sometimes a minor fault can be rectified,so thats why I posted my
    question for help,moreover it's good to get involved in troubleshooting
    to get gold out of old.

    Thaqalain, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Thaqalain

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Sure. Remove the case, hook it up to your computer, fire it all up. Play
    with the little potentiometers on the boards in the monitor till you really
    screw it up...er...I mean...find the one that adjusts your pincushion
    problem.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2005
  6. Thaqalain

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Oh - and watch out for that high voltage thingy...it'll shock your willy off
    ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2005
  7. Thaqalain

    old jon Guest

    Signed. Willyless. <g> It`s only a few K. <giggles>.

    old jon, Jul 6, 2005
  8. Thaqalain

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - I know. Color TVs are around 27,000 volts. Monitors probably aren't
    much different. I've been zapped a few times over the years <grin>. But the
    worst zap I ever got was while working on a microwave oven. It's only 4,000
    volts IIRC, but the capacitors are a whole lot bigger. Zowie! Had to pick
    myself up off the floor - 6 feet away ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 7, 2005