Echo Cancellation

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Sting, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Sting

    Sting Guest

    Hello ,

    We are 2 students writing a VideoConference application on
    linux;
    We want to use microphones for recording and loudspeakers for hearing.
    Now , test we made so far show that there is acoustic echo
    even if there is a reasonable distance between micropone
    and loudspeakers.

    Is there open source for Acoustic Echo Cancellation
    anywhere ?

    I mean not a chip-level (assembler?) application , but a high level
    applciation with takes the raw audio packets as
    input and by some tranformation takes out the echo rom it.

    We saw the FIR algorithm (and implementation)
    but it is too CPU intetnsive.

    Any help will be appreciated.
    regards,
    qwe john

    Sting, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Sting

    Kyler Laird Guest

    No. At least I haven't found one. I searched awhile ago and ended
    up contacting a company that sells AEC code. They were willing to
    open their low-end code, but the cost was more than I could justify
    at the time. I'd still like to see even a mediocre version available
    as part of ALSA and I'd be willing to donate money to get it.

    It looks like there are some products that act as audio interfaces
    and do the AEC. Using such a device, you should be able to treat
    the microphone and speaker as being echoless. I've found references
    to such devices but I have yet to find one.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Sting

    TC Guest