Easy VPN Server and Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Masud Reza, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Masud Reza

    Masud Reza Guest

    Hi:

    I am using an 827 configured as an Easy VPN Server (running 12.3).

    I am successfully able to establish a VPN client running on my laptop.
    I am also using split tunneling and while the tunnel is up, I am able
    to browse the internet and talk with my local LAN without any
    problems.

    The problem is that I cannot ping any client on the inside
    (192.168.1.x) when the VPN connection is established. The client gets
    an ip from the pool i have configured on 827 (192.168.1.240-247).

    On the 827, the reverse-route injection is also enabled. Once the
    tunnel is up, I can see the /32 route to the client installed in the
    routing table of the 827.

    Any ideas on what might be causing this problem?.

    The 827 is configured to perfom NAT.

    Masud

    Masud Reza, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Masud Reza

    ZeroKool Guest

    How is the routing table look? where is traceroute going from the client? I
    think it might not work if you have same 192.168.1.x running on both LAN
    sides of the VPN. Try changing one network if you can (maybe pool). Also
    check the routing table on your laptop and see how that is looking once the
    tunnel is up it routes all the packet of 192.168.1.x to tunnel interface.

    --
    Majid.

    ZeroKool, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Masud Reza

    Masud Reza Guest

    Ok. the problem was that traffic to the IPs assigned to the remote VPN
    clients was being NATted. So, just change the nat configuration so
    that traffic from the local LAN to the ips assigned to the VPN Clients
    (from your local pool) is not NATted.

    Masud Reza, Oct 20, 2003