easiest quickest surest way to get a MCP credential

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by frtillman, Apr 27, 2007.

  1. frtillman

    frtillman Guest

    I have worked in IT for over 20 Years, I have a really strong
    background in Windows, Unix/Linux, / TCP/IP/ Networking / CISCO. I
    have nerver bought the idea of certifications after I became a Novell
    Certified UnixWare Engineer and it became useless because UnixWare
    disaappeared over 10 years ago. At the time I was a SCO Unix
    Certified
    ACE, and this di dthis by testing out on there assessment test. and
    now SCO is the biggest joke on earth.
    Well I got a deal with those certs and it turned me off from going
    for
    further certifications. But no I find it woudl be helpful to me to
    get
    @least 1 Microsoft Certification, I have been told that I can geto
    this by passing
    MS Exam 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    Windows XP Professional

    I feel I could do this w/o any problem I just want to make sure if I
    plunk down 150$ will I get something that says I am a Microsoft
    Certified Professional (providing I pass the test)

    Please answer

    frtillman, Apr 27, 2007

  2. frtillman

    jkozlowski Guest

    You will have no problems passing the 70-270. Its a great test for us old
    guys and it covers alot of material that you probably already have (being in
    the IT for 20 years).

    if you go with 70-271 and 70-272 you will get the MCP cert (either test
    pass) and with the other one you will get the MCDST cert (its a nice little
    double cert for similar information thats on the 70-270 exam). Just tossing
    that out there for ya :)

    jkozlowski, Apr 27, 2007

  3. Please save your money.

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 27, 2007
  4. The difference between people like you and me is that you want the title
    while i want the ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively to
    help the company out.

    Nothing personal, typing stuff like this out is cathartic for me and fairly
    harmless. Most people don't care about anyone's opinion except their own
    anyways

    Keith Chilton, Apr 27, 2007
  5. You are correct in that you may certainly recieve the Microsoft Certified
    Professional (MCP) credential with a successful pass of a single "Pro" level
    exam, of which 70-270 is.

    There have been several other posts to this thread which allude to the fact
    that being an MCP is not neccessarily as valuable as some of the later
    certifications further down the Microsoft path.

    However, I would encourage you to attempt the exam so long as you already
    have the experience to back up the credential.

    That having been said, you may want to take a more protracted look at your
    career and the concentration that you want to focus on in moving forward
    before moving further down the Microsoft certification path.

    Wayne Anderson, Apr 27, 2007
  6. "i want the ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively to help
    the company out"

    Let me tell you why I (and most people) want certs....$$$. Better jobs
    means more money, means a better life for my family. Me taking pride in the
    job I do, and the quality of work I do is what "help's the company out".

    "Most people don't care about anyone's opinion except their own
    anyways"

    I will agree with you on that.

    Jason Fraioli, May 15, 2007
  7. Hmm. I wish this were true. Certifications do not mean better jobs and
    more money. There are tons of certified individuals unemployed. The
    reason for this is because they chose to place all their eggs in the
    certification basket and forego experience. <sad>.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 15, 2007