    any change to the constitution.
    This is *no* lie.
    Check out the original records.

    Robert Baer, Nov 26, 2003

  2. tflfb

    Robert Baer Guest

    BTW, Social Security was advertised as *INSURANCE* - and that has
    never been true.
    In fact, if Social Security had been run like an insurance company
    (and the politicians kept their hands off the money), there would never
    have been any financial problems.

    Robert Baer, Nov 26, 2003

  3. There aren't, currently, any financial problems with SS. All the news
    about the financial problems are concerns about the future-and those
    concerns are real. But currently, SS is *very* solvent-so much so that
    it's been funding other parts of the government for years. (Not a good
    idea-but it does show that it currently has more money than it needs to
    meet its current obligations, and thus has no current financial problems.)

    You're quite right about SS-it's not insurance, it's a tax & a benefit
    program with insurance-like aspects.

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 26, 2003
  4. You're absolutely right that there is a criteria concerning the number
    of states that must ratify any change to the constitution. That is not a
    lie. And the records I've looked at show that a sufficient number of
    states *did* ratify the amendment. Which records are you looking at,
    those made up by anti-tax organizations? I've seen a few of those, too.
    They're lies.

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 26, 2003