Dynamics HUT MIP testbed using RedHat9 help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pcyung83, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. pcyung83

    pcyung83 Guest

    Hi,

    My current project about MIPv4 testbed implementation using
    Dynamics-0.8.1 software package run between 3 Linux Redhat9 PCs.

    Can some one guide me and check my system can work or not? The
    connection would be shown below:

    The home network (192.168.1.10) and foreign network (192.168.2.20)
    separate by a bridge. Can you tell me how to set it? Is it set in the
    routing table in network configuration? There is a hub link to that
    bridge in each both networks. The MN is set 192.168.1.3, and HA is set
    192.168.1.2 for its IP address (setting in static IP, right?). The FA
    is set to be 192.168.2.1.

    Can this structure being apply in Mobile IPv4 without using gateway as
    i didn't access to internet and just a LAN deployment?

    I'm new to Linux RH and have other problems.. How to check the
    connectivity between each entity? By using ping command? Am i right by
    enter the command "ping xxx.xxx.x.x"? How can i know it is connected?

    Thanks for your helps...

    Yours sincerely
    pcy

    pcyung83, Mar 13, 2006