    for instance)?

    I'm targeting the SMB market

    Gorm Braarvig

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Sorry Thor, I think most of us here are more interested in becoming LRM
    Certified.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 22, 2006

  3. The New CRM Classes from MS are 8521 8522 8523 8524 and 8255. As for the
    track to certification vs. Partner Competency it's kind of both. There are
    exams for the Dynamics (MBS) including a Master Cert. But most of the press
    of late is for partner competency..

    Good luck on the road to 3.0!

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Feb 22, 2006
  4. Gorm Braarvig

    Neil Guest

    to my knowledge the MBS certifications will be through the partner
    program but CRM 1.2 is the current rev.

    http://members.microsoft.com/partner/asia/mbs/crm/partneropportunities/tr
    ainingcertification.aspx

    has some details (though it is an asia site)

    I don't think any of the MBS exams will be made part of the MCSE/MCSD (or
    now the MCITP) curriculum. As for BI soluotions, that is a completely
    differnt area and there will be exams/certs for this
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/default.asp). With SQL 2005
    SSRS/SSIS/SSAS becoming more mature solutions, they will likely roll out
    exams to match. MS has announced they will have an Analysis services exam
    this year. Hopefully they will continue to pursue this.

    Scorecarding is something that is not quite ready for primetime (IMHO)
    through MS products. 3rd party stuff from Dundas (www.dundas.com) will
    help to fill the void and MS does provide a subset of those tools, but
    there is much better capabilities in the single focus BI players. I doubt
    very much that MS would create an exam until they have integrated a more
    robust solution into thier own company (this is also known as "they buy
    Dundas" <g>)

    If you are really serious about the BI end, you may want to consider
    looking onto certification from Business Objects or Cognos or SAS or the
    like. Not sure what they have in certification though.

    Neil, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Thanks for both you replies! Great!
    I'll wait for MS to buy and integrate them. Less complicated.

    Goal

    My goal is to become the best BI architect in Norway within ten years.
    Within seven years I must show excellent leadership abilities.
    Before five years is past I will need to master the technologies (today they
    are scorecarding, olap and eai)
    Before four years I want to be a NLP practioner, or have another scientific
    angle on leadership.
    Before three years: MSCE WS 2007
    Within two years I want to have all the new Microsoft "Professional"
    certifications (3 db, 3 dev, I think).
    Within one year I should master presentation skills and have a few TS-certs.
    First step is "Train the trainer"-course in Q1, 2006 and any beta-exam I can
    have my hand on.
    Beta exams are to see how far away I am from db.* and dev.* exams (I have
    given me two years on this).
    At present, I have:
    - followed the ASCEND-courses on SQL and VS, on SQL I went to two of the
    courses, all the rest is self-study.
    - Taken the corresponding brainbench-tests
    - Got back TS-WEB, scored 500, quite a way to go, I think? I'm satisfied, I
    did no prep.
    - I have ran SQL 2005 in production with focus on SSIS for a long time
    already.
    - I have just started a few blogs, among them a wannabe-blog on beyeblogs.

    Missing from the plan:
    - I think CRM will merge into my plan on some point, it should be included.
    - There is nothing about office here, even though the primary BI client will
    be Excel. Something is missing.
    - Biztalk. I know nothing about biztalk.
    - WF (earlier WWF), don't know this, also: it seems not mature.

    This plan will change, of course.
    Gorm Braarvig.

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Hello, there!

    I don't know how to attack this. I think I need some more connections, the
    thing is: there are good Norwegain competitors in this market (both "live"
    and regular), and they don't look like they are being bought anytime soon.
    I plan to implement small business in Q2 or Q3. The installation will
    require a lot of customization (in this company I mention Gorms/AJAX/ATLAS
    in one of three sentences), so after this I might feel qualified to start
    the certification process (and maybe the partner competency)

    Thanks, BTW: as a trainer, do you mean anything about NLP?

    Gorm

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 22, 2006
  7. Sorry Thor, I think most of us here are more interested in becoming LRM
    "Some play hard to get, I play hard to want"

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 22, 2006
  8. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Just as long as we all play nicely.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 22, 2006
  9. Gorm Braarvig

    Neil Guest

    um, ok, maybe Excel as a Primary BI client is the missing link, IMHO. my 2ยข

    Neil, Feb 22, 2006
  10. http://members.microsoft.com/partner/asia/mbs/crm/partneropportunities/tr
    Thanks, great link.
    Seems to me only two people are needed for this competency.
    I am betting on (possibly "live") CRM+BI+Office in SMB's as an exploding
    market.
    Clients are paper+phone+PC, scorecard+drilldown+alerts
    Anything about SSIS-exam? (I still hate MDX, I hope I'll understand it
    eventually)
    I totally agree, but it is mentioned in Office 2007, and betasite has began
    to move, so something is happening.
    Great, thanks, dundas is nice.

    Gorm

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 22, 2006
  11. Gorm Braarvig

    Briscobar Guest

    I dunno about anyone else, but I hope you stick around, Gorm. This group is
    inundated with basically 2 kinds of people: the regulars and the idiots.
    You've broken the mold, and I hope you stick around. You seem to have a
    sense of humor, know your stuff, and are willing to put in the man-hours to
    learn what you want to learn. Keep it up.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    If you don't hightail it over to www.mcngp.com, your job will be
    outsourced.

    Briscobar, Feb 23, 2006
  12. Gorm Braarvig

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Briscobar:
    Ditto.

    Hmmmm....I don't believe we have a Norwegian chapter...

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Feb 23, 2006
  13. Gorm Braarvig

    LRM Guest

    I'm in favor of a Norwegian chapter. But that's just me having a thing for
    Vikings.

    LRM, Feb 23, 2006
  14. Gorm Braarvig

    kpg Guest

    I wish my parents had named me Grom...

    Things would be different then.

    gpg

    kpg, Feb 23, 2006
  15. Gorm Braarvig

    Jtyc Guest

    I'm in favor of a Norwegian chapter. But that's just me having a thing for
    They are going all the way this year!!! THIS IS THE YEAR DAMNIT!!

    *sad that football season is over*

    /f' the bears
    /f' the packers even more

    Jtyc, Feb 23, 2006
  16. Gorm Braarvig

    LRM Guest

    I'm not talking about those Vikings. Football players are a bunch of pansies
    compared to Vikings I'm talking about.

    LRM, Feb 23, 2006
  17. Gorm Braarvig

    Jtyc Guest

    I'm not talking about those Vikings. Football players are a bunch of
    It's my team and my heritage. I don't make a distinction.

    Jtyc, Feb 23, 2006
  18. Gorm Braarvig

    LRM Guest

    My heritage as well, and I do.