    when away from the PC would be appreciated.

    If you email please reply to

    Ken

    Kenneth Oakman, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Kenneth Oakman

    Canongirly Guest

    Just a heads up, I've heard (and I admit I have not verified this in any way
    so a large to mountain sized pinch of salt may be required) that Olympus are
    intending to discountinue their dye sub printers due to a lack of demand.

    I do know however that mitsibushi makes a superb dye sub printer that is
    much favoured amongst event photographers.

    just my one and half cents worth.

    Canongirly, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Kenneth Oakman

    mark_digital Guest

    ---
    I called Olympus just before the P440 introduction because I have the P400
    and concern over ribbon and paper. Both machines use the same ribbon which
    will continue to be available, and the paper for each machine will continue
    to be available also. Apparently the "installed base" of the P400 is huge
    and for a month or two supplies had dried up while Olympus was getting ready
    for the P440. I checked recently with two online suppliers I like to buy
    from and paper and ribbon are back in stock.
    These machines are so reliable I'm not concerned at all about internal
    problems or replacement parts.

    mark_digital, Mar 3, 2004