Dye Sub 4x6 printer with CF

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charlie Self, May 10, 2004.

  1. Charlie Self

    Charlie Self Guest

    Mike asks:
    Canon's CP200 and CP300 were just announced. I'd guess there are others. Do a
    google search on "dye sub printers" with or without the quotes.

    Charlie Self
    "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence
    is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of
    office." Ambrose Bierce
    Charlie Self, May 10, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Charlie Self

    TheNewGuy Guest

    Is there a 4x6 Dye Sub printer out there that will accept CF card
    input as well as USB input?


    TheNewGuy, May 10, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Charlie Self

    Peter Jones Guest

    The CP-200/300 series can be connected to a computer or camera with
    USB, it cannot accept a any kind of card. They've been out for half a
    year or more. I think the Hi-Ti printers will.

    Everything about Vancouver, Canada
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    Peter Jones, May 10, 2004
  4. Charlie Self

    Arthur Small Guest

    HiTi. Great little printer.
    Arthur Small, May 10, 2004
  5. Charlie Self

    stan Guest

    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to print uneditted digital
    on expensive media? If you are going to go to the trouble to print
    a digital photo on a dye sub printer, it makes sense to modify the
    photo first to bring out the contrast and the colors in the image,
    even if the photo is black&white.
    stan, May 11, 2004
  6. Charlie Self

    Smarty Guest

    The Sony DPP-EX50 has both CF and Memory Stick (and USB).
    Smarty, May 11, 2004
  7. Charlie Self

    John Smith Guest

    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to print uneditted digital
    To replace the Polaroid (in a party for example). Personally I think
    for light duty use, it's much cheaper to use a commercial development
    John Smith, May 11, 2004
  8. Charlie Self

    Thad Guest

    Wet prints from a real photo lab are the best way to go.

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 11, 2004
  9. Charlie Self

    Thad Guest

    I wanted to add that not only will wet prints last longer, but they are
    usually cheaper per print too.

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 11, 2004
  10. Charlie Self

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Dye-sub output is good enough for even rather picky types, and is
    supposed to last well. What is 'best' depends on the user and his
    Ron Hunter, May 12, 2004
  11. Charlie Self

    Larry Guest

    Sony has a couple of models that take a pc-caef adaptor. I use on for the
    cf-card I have and it works fine. (my Sony is the DPP-EX7).
    Larry, May 12, 2004
  12. Charlie Self

    Larry Guest

    I saw a page from "Wilhelm" that rated the dye subs from Kodaks "printer
    docks" at 40 years, but only rated the dye subs from Sonys printers at a
    couple of years.

    Both types use dye-sub with clear-coat, so I dont know why this should be so.
    Larry, May 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.