    updates etc and the machine is virus and spyware free.

    Cheers

    :)

    ardz, Jul 3, 2005

  2. ardz

    ardz Guest

    Hmmmm...so it shouldnt be terminated. My PC still shuts down alright and
    doesnt seem to have any problems but that warning that comes up just before
    it shuts down is annoying.

    ardz, Jul 3, 2005

  3. ardz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    What do the event logs have to say about it?

    Dave Taylor, Jul 5, 2005
  4. ardz

    Ardz Guest

    In event viewer i get "application popup" dwwin.exe - DLL initialisation
    failed: The application failed to initialize because the window station is
    shutting down".

    The funny thing is that my other PC running XP is doing the same thing now?.
    I assume its something common between the 2 PCs such as a windows update
    maybe? The second PC runs Norton AV 2004. Both are fully updated patch wise.
    Ive tried deleting the last windows update KB896344 but that didnt seem to
    affect it.

    Ardz, Jul 5, 2005
  5. ardz

    Richard Guest

    dwwin is the annoying program that does the "oops an application has crashed,
    would you like to tell microsoft" dialogs. If a program crashes when your
    shutting down, that happens.

    Richard, Jul 5, 2005
  6. ardz

    Adam Guest

    If this is true, then there's a way of turning this reporting dialog
    off completely. I just wish I knew where I saw it. Try Googling
    around.

    Adam.

    Adam, Jul 5, 2005