    jamicque Guest

    Hi,
    i'm looking fo DWL-520+ driver, and i'm desperate... please help...

    jamicque, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 30, 2006

  3. jamicque

    jamicque Guest

    actually i've tried it, but no response so far

    jamicque, Mar 30, 2006
  4. almost no chance. It's a discontinued D-Link product and I seriously doubt
    they'll ever do a driver for it. If you know the underlying chipset for it,
    you might be able to find a driver by looking at the chipset vendor's
    website.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2006
  5. jamicque

    jamicque Guest

    Texas Instruments ACX100

    jamicque, Mar 30, 2006
  6. jamicque

    Rick Guest

    Now that you know this, you need to start searching for a driver. Try
    www.PlanetAMD.com and Google for starters.

    Rick, Mar 30, 2006
  7. What Rick says. I have no idea, personally, about drivers for that chipset.
    It's a pretty old one, however, so I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2006
  8. jamicque

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    There is not much hope in getting a 64 bit driver for such an old piece of
    hardware.
    There are much better routers available that do have 64 bit drivers. The
    DWL-520+ was never a highly rated device, even when it was new...low
    throughput, limited distance, etc...

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Mar 31, 2006
  9. jamicque

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    There's a really good forum about DLink products at:

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/dlink

    I looked there to see if there is a generic 64-bit driver that will work
    with the DWL-520, but no such luck. If I run across anything else , I'll
    post it here.

    jabloomf1230, Mar 31, 2006
  10. jamicque

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    Sorry about the additional post, but I forgot to add that the DWL-G520
    has an Atheros chipset and the DWL-520 has an Oronico chipset. I know
    that there is a generic Atheros 64-bit driver and you can find it with
    Google. I'm not sure about the Orinoco, though.

    jabloomf1230, Mar 31, 2006
  11. jamicque

    b00paul Guest

    The Atheros 64-bit driver does NOT work in Vista, it gives a fil
    corrupted error or missing error. And it is neither missing nor corrup

    I will make a point that it works in windows xp 64bit though, but seem
    to not work in Vista..

    b00paul, Jun 11, 2006
  12. This is not a Vista x64 newsgroup. Please see Andre's post two posts above
    for a list of public Vista ng's.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  13. Besides which, it's not a signed 64bit driver, so it won't work. Until
    there's a signed one, your out of luck. But one is coming.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 11, 2006
  14. jamicque

    Guest Guest

    Dlink have stated to me that they have not current release dates for Vista
    Drivers for any of their products.

    I guess they're waiting until it comes out of beta and stabalises a bit more
    before doing anything.

    For me this is a royal pain in the ass because my whole network is wireless
    with a DSL-G604T linked to via the following (each in it's own machine);

    2x DWL-G520M
    1x DWL-G520
    2x DWL-G510

    Hopefully Microsoft will light a fire under D-link to get them moving and
    avoid Vista not being tested with any D-Link products.

    Guest, Jun 12, 2006
  16. jamicque

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Dlink has to wait for the wireless radio ODM to provide base drivers.
    Most of the recent DLink cards use Atheros radios. Support is coming
    for NICs that use Atheros chips (but I do not know when).

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jun 12, 2006