DVD Xcopy Xpress question about how it handles dvds.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jeffman, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Jeffman

    Jeffman Guest

    I am thinking about picking this program up after seeing it in Best Buy.
    I like the concept because I have lots of rare DVDs since I have been
    collecting since DVD first hit big in 1997 in my area.

    How does this program handle the DVD if it is 16x9 enhanced?
    Does it copy it exactly like it is on the original?

    Also, someone old me that they used it to backup a dual layered
    DVD and it did it in less than on hour (to read and write the new DVD).
    Does the quality suffer since it is so fast?

    Please respond with your experiences with the program.
    I want to buy it to back up my movies like Criterion Spinal Tap and Duel
    so that my son and I can watch the copies instead of the originals
    sometimes.

    Thanks!
    Jeff

    Jeffman, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Jeffman

    Oldguy Guest

    Xpress still has many problems.

    I would suggest DVD Shrink. It is free. Use Shrink to rip the DVD and then
    Nero or something to burn a new one.

    Oldguy, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Jeffman

    Jeffman Guest

    I want an all-in-one solution. I am not out to just bootleg movies here.
    What problems do you see with DVD Xcopy Xpress?

    Jeff

    Jeffman, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Jeffman

    DVDHelp.us Guest

    Don't buy it at a retail store or you don't get the money back
    guarantee from the developer, nor do you get the mail-in rebate. Buy it
    online here instead.

    http://kickme.to/dvdxcopy

    16:9 is no problem.

    No. Quality with XPress is quite good for the most part, but you might
    want to get DVDXCopy Platinum instead, as it allows you to retain more
    control over which sections have more or less compression, etc.

    I reviewed it on DVDHelp.us, and it got a 9.6 out of 10. (Platinum got a
    9.8 out of 10)

    All in all, an excellent program that is pretty much idiot-proof. <G>

    --
    Jake

    Webmaster
    http://www.dvdhelp.us