    is there any special tweaks to be made to get the two of them to live in
    harmony, or is it a bad idea.
    any help would be greatly appreciated. ger

    tonyger, Sep 21, 2006

  2. tonyger

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There should be no problems having two DVD burners in there. Your burning software should allow you to select either one for burning a CD or DVD that resides in the other drive.

    But here's an idea. Save that new drive for another computer that doesn't have a DVD burner. If your CD drive really is on it's last legs, then go ahead and swap it out for the new DVD burner.

    bigal, Sep 26, 2006