    writer. When I turned the pc on, it didn't recognize the dvd writer or
    my cd drive. What happened?

    Thanks for any help.

    L, Aug 24, 2004

  2. L

    frank Guest

    Are the jumpers set properly??

    frank, Aug 24, 2004

  3. L

    MJP Guest

    The jumpers are set incorrectly.

    MJP

    MJP, Aug 24, 2004
  4. L

    Tom Swift Guest

    I had a freind run into the same problem. What solved his problem was
    even thoue you turn off the computer or reboot it, it still dont
    redetect the devices on older computers. So what we had to do was
    unplug the computer from the wall then boot it up again.

    Tom Swift, Aug 25, 2004
  5. L

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Tom Swift vaguely muttered something like ...
    If someone's st00pid enough to install a DVD writer without reading the
    instructions and acting upon them, maybe just unplugging the computer from
    the wall is all that's _really_ needed ..

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Aug 25, 2004
  6. L

    SirReal Guest

    ....make sure you have the proper driver(s) for
    the drive...or/and, uninstall the s'ware, defrag, re-install
    the s'ware...forget that 'pull the plug outta the wall' crap...

    SirReal, Aug 25, 2004