DVD won't play in PC DVD drive but will in standalone DVD player. Is this new copy protection?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JoeyCramer, May 4, 2005.

  1. JoeyCramer

    JoeyCramer Guest

    I have a samsung DVD player that has played everything I've thrown at
    it.

    I use Windows XP that is fully patched SP2 and a ghost image of XP
    SP1.

    I use the Klite codec pack with media player classic. I have also
    installed Power DVD.

    But still the drive doesn't see anything when I put the disc in. It
    says:
    No Disc in Drive M:

    I put that same disc in my junky apex DVD players and it plays fine.
    The disc is a new copy of a Disney movie "Flight Of The Navigator"
    (which looks like a rip from a VHS tape.)

    Anyone know if Disney is loading some new digital restrictions
    software on their DVD's?

    JoeyCramer, May 4, 2005

  2. JoeyCramer

    Jay Stewart Guest

    It must be a bootleg because the official release is achingly crisp. The
    story is not so good...

    Jay Stewart, May 5, 2005

  3. JoeyCramer

    Tom Guest

    wrote in 4ax.com:
    The only time I've seen this behavior is when I've burned a DVD, but ejected
    the newly burnt DVD before letting Nero auto eject it.

    Tom, May 5, 2005