    She thinks it is my DVD, that has jammed her machine!
    Help!!!
    Mick.

    Mick, Sep 9, 2006

  2. Mick

    Pennywise Guest

    Look for a small hole on the front of the CD, push a straightened
    Paper Clip into it, it should open.

    Pennywise, Sep 9, 2006

  3. Mick

    Vikas Bansal Guest

    Is there a pin-hole on it. Try to use it.

    Vikas Bansal, Sep 9, 2006
  4. Mick

    doS Guest

    its a stand alone player, no pinhole, pinhead

    doS, Sep 9, 2006
  5. Mick

    Pennywise Guest

    Mine's built in and has no pin hole. Chances were good their's does.

    Pennywise, Sep 9, 2006
  6. Mick

    doS Guest

    chances are theirs has no pinhole?

    doS, Sep 9, 2006
  7. Mick

    doS Guest

    unplug the ac.then reconnect, press eject at the same time

    doS, Sep 9, 2006
  8. Mick

    PeeCee Guest

    Mick

    As your replies to other posters suggest your player does not have an
    emergency eject mechanism (hole in front of tray) your only option is to
    disconnect the player from the unit and power then remove the screws holding
    the cover on and have a look.

    The brand/model suggests it's of Chinese manufacture, most of those have two
    screws at each end and one to three on the back. The cover usually lifts off
    by lifting the back edge first to an angle of 20 - 30 degrees, then pulled
    toward the back to allow the lip of the front edge to come away from under
    the front panel.

    I repeat "disconnect the power first" YMMV

    Best

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Sep 10, 2006
  9. Mick

    doS Guest

    its a standalone player, cant you read what unit do you want him to
    discomnect from?

    doS, Sep 10, 2006
  10. I once watched my mother, who was 84 at the time, try to put a second CD
    in the tray of her computer. Stopped her before she could close the
    tray.

    What do you think the odds are that your friend has two DVDs in that
    player?

    (Mom will be 87 next week, and still uses her computer every day - with
    just one CD at a time. <g>)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 10, 2006
  11. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Hi, thanks for your answers, No there is no, pin hole, I was hoping to find
    one.
    There is also no stick on label on the disc,
    It is a printable DVD-R.

    I have tried powering then back on, also tried using the remote and
    the buttons on the machine.

    I will unplug then take the cover off, hopefully there may be a pin hole on
    the inner tray door!
    Thanks,
    Mick

    Mick, Sep 10, 2006
  12. Mick

    Meat Plow Guest

    I've never seen a dvd player with any way to manually eject the tray.

    Meat Plow, Sep 10, 2006
  13. Mick

    PeeCee Guest

    mmm, bad grammar as a result of editing the intial reply.
    should have read "disconnect the power from the unit then remove the
    screws..."
    I see in the OP's reply to BTS that's what he's going to do.
    P.

    PeeCee, Sep 10, 2006
  14. As others have suggested, you will have to take this unit apart. Once
    you take the cover off, you should be able to manually unlock the
    mechanism and open the tray by manually turning the gears near the

    David Matthew Wood, Sep 11, 2006