    Billy Joe Guest

    Yah. it's a copy program that will also remove user lockouts[/QUOTE]

    Oh oh, no longer a COPY is it?

    Billy Joe, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Ablang

    oldguy Guest

    The psychiatrist you see after you go insane from watching the DVD.

    oldguy, Aug 7, 2005

  3. And streams can be removed or included, such as alternate subtitle
    tracks and audio, a certain lockout can be enabled or disabled, or
    bypassed, making for slightly different versions of a corporate or
    wedding video,(Ifo edit is used if the adjustment is more extensive,
    DVDlab is used for re-authoring) which as I say happens to be one of
    the things I do for a living. Yes DVDdecypter with its built in
    burning tool can be used to make a perfect copy, (even with damaged
    discs requiring retries,) or slight editing can be done. That's why
    it's a good, flexible tool.

    I'm tired of the assumption most of the morons in this group have that
    a "copy" is automatically some High Crime, an illegal activity. I'm
    also fed up with the diatribe against the removal of Macrovison, my
    Barco monitor will not display properly if fed video with macrovison,
    so I have a Macrovision remover on its input.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 7, 2005
  4. Ablang

    gaffo Guest

    oh - so DVD-Dycritor has it own built in burner program now!!!!!!?????
    sweet.

    yrs ago I used smartRipper and Nero as a combo.

    So we have one program DVD-dycripter which can:

    1. remove DSS encription (does the DSS decritor now come withthe
    program? or do I still have to install the decriter separately?)

    2. Remove Macrovision

    3. remove region coding

    4. remove all the other language audio

    5. remove all the "extras"

    - and simply leave the movie itself.

    ..........what about PAL to NTSC conversion???

    - sorry for the questions. I've not messed with video since the old days
    of 2000 using DivX /FlaskMPEG and all that other involved tedious bullshit.

    thanks!

    --

    The jury has the power to bring a verdict in the teeth of both the law
    and the facts.

    Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Horning v. District of Columbia, 1920

    gaffo, Aug 7, 2005
  5. No it doesn'r convert standards, but yes it works as a fine burner for
    ANY ISO. It has Streaming options, so just one of several audio
    tracks can be selected etc, video, audio, and subtitles can be
    extracted separately and used in an authoring program etc. Your
    comment about removing "extras" is still DVDshrink's forte. But
    DVDdecrypter is the better ripper, somewhat better than SmartRipper.
    Note that DVDshrink is no longer in development, which is a great
    shame.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 7, 2005
  6. Ablang

    Goro Guest

    gaffo wrote:
    *snip*
    DVDDecrypter will decrypt CSS (is that what you meant by #1?), will
    remove macrovision, region, allow selection of language audios and sub
    tracks, allow selection and inclusion of any items (extras, etc). You
    may also remove PUOPs (Prevent User OPerations).

    What i use it for often is to burn a movie only with no menu to a DVDR.
    ESP. if it's a UNIVERSAL dvd that has forced trailers at the beginning
    (fortunately, Univesal seems to have backed off this tactic).

    What it DOESN'T do is shrink. So if a movie is >4.7G then DVD-D won't
    burn to a single sided DVDR.

    Unfortunately, Sony sued DVDDecrypter and it's no longer being
    maintained.
    nope. no PAL 2 NTSC.

    -goro-

    Goro, Aug 8, 2005
  7. Ablang

    Goro Guest

    WHoops. I accidentally confused DVD-D w/DVDShrink!

    DVD-D doesn't allow the nice re-authoring. what it does is allow for
    burning an ISO file directly. It does rip nicely (natch), allow to mod
    the IFO a bit, but all that other stuff is best handled (imo) in DVDS.

    -goro-

    Goro, Aug 8, 2005
  8. Ablang

    JayCee Guest

    This doesn't change the fact that what you are doing may be illegal ...

    JayCee, Aug 13, 2005
  9. Ablang

    JayCee Guest

    JayCee, Aug 13, 2005
  10. I see, making Corporate videos and editing weddings may be illegal.
    Ok. And simply watching DVDs on my Barco, with its broadcast-accurate
    picture, is illegal. Interesting.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 13, 2005
  11. Ablang

    Justin Guest

    Steve(JazzHunter) wrote on [Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:43:03 -0400]:
    Assuming you're in the US, yes. Watching a DVD movie by removing
    Macrovision is illegal.

    Justin, Aug 14, 2005
  12. You probably don't know that all high-end TVs have a Macrovision
    remover circuit buit-in, otherwise sync and noise immunity would be
    affected and the picture would tear and roll, as it does on the Barco.
    Since my Barco is designed for broadcast video, not distorted
    consumer-quality video, it doesn't have the required anti-macrovision
    circuit, so I had to add one externally. I guess if I just stuffed
    the box inside the TV it would be legal then, huh? I'd LOVE to see a
    case like this in court!

    Get a grip, man..

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 14, 2005
  13. I forgot to mention that any commercial VHS deck with a built-in DVD
    also removes macrovison, put any tape in, however screwed up by
    macrovison and its ilk, and the output is pure, clean, genlocked,
    stable video. So I guess that makes all industrial and broadcast VHS
    units illegal too, huh?

    You people have no concept that there is life outside crappy consumer
    videos.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 14, 2005