DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by hiddenat, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. hiddenat

    hiddenat Guest

    DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

    sorry for the newbie question. I will try to give as much meaningful
    info as possible.

    My hardware:
    Alienware dual Xeon 2.4GHz,
    2gb ram,
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104
    Plextor CD-R PX-320A (it reads DVD's)
    WinXP Pro SP1

    Loaded Software:
    DVD Shrink 3.2,
    Sonic MyDVD 3.5,
    Pioneer RecordNow DX, Version 4.11,
    CyberLink PowerDVD XP 4.0,
    Ulead VideoStudio 6
    DVDXCopy Xpress 2.3.4 Trial (only one copy left on trial)
    Windows Movie Maker 5.1
    Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic

    Location: USA

    I have been reading all through the news groups and these websites

    http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php
    http://www.videohelp.com/
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/117
    http://www.doom9.org/

    and still can't quite find the next step. I think it is "authoring" but
    just not sure how to do it.

    so far, I have ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink 3.2. I have these folders
    on my hard drive now:
    AUDIO_TS with nothing in it.
    VIDEO_TS with multiple ".vob", ".bup", & ".ifo" files in it.

    from reading some sites, it seems all I have to do is burn these folders
    in the root directory of my DVD. I did that. The PC reads it fine and
    plays it using PowerDVD.
    however, I have tried the DVD on 6 stand alone DVD players and only one
    played it(GO Video). The rest do not seem to recognize it. These were
    all different brands and fairly new. (helpful coworkers!)

    What should be next? Is there a piece of software I'm suppose to have
    that takes the files and puts them in DVD format that is read by a stand
    alone DVD player? Something to download? Freeware? Should I be doing
    something different in DVDShrink?

    I tried to see if the Ulead VisualStudio would open or see the files,
    but it just does not seem to. The same for the MyDVD.

    I used "-R" and "-RW" and that made no difference.

    Suggestion? What's NEXT?

    Thank you for your time in advance.

    hiddenat, Aug 26, 2004

  2. hiddenat

    Dragon Guest

    Use nero to burn to the dvd as you would doing data disk and that should be
    it

    Dragon, Aug 26, 2004

  3. hiddenat

    Dragon Guest

    Sorry yes get nero 6 and then you put the two folder video_ts and audio_ts
    across and copy, hopefully that should work

    dave

    Dragon, Aug 26, 2004
  4. hiddenat

    Pug Fugley Guest

    You'll need to buy Nero.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 26, 2004
  5. hiddenat

    Justin Guest

    Going to a theft group?

    Justin, Aug 26, 2004
  6. hiddenat

    Mike Jackson Guest

    DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

    Install DVD Decrypter. It'll handle the burning part of the equation.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com

    Mike Jackson, Aug 26, 2004
  7. hiddenat

    TSKO Guest

    DVD decryptor all the way....I no longer use 'store bought' software to
    burn....DVD Decrypt is easy to use and free...and works like a charm

    TSKO, Aug 26, 2004
  8. hiddenat

    TSKO Guest

    I could be missing something....but who said he was burning a store bought
    dvd?

    I have to say Justin...after being on this newsgroup for awhile I have
    determined that you like to 'come out to play' when you want to bitch about
    something. You are without a doubt, one of the most negative ppl on this
    newsgroup.

    TSKO, Aug 26, 2004
  9. hiddenat

    Dragon Guest

    hi guys on a positive side I think what are friend is trying to do is once
    he has shrunk the dvd to his hard drive how does he burn in to dvd-r I
    presume, he has probably already used decrypter before he shrunk it.

    That's why I suggested getting nero as I don't use roxio or dvd creator my
    self, but if decrpyter durns the disk aswell i am not sure about that one

    dave

    Dragon, Aug 27, 2004
  10. hiddenat

    hiddenat Guest

    i have already shrunk it with DVD Shrink. and i burned the VIDEO_TS and
    AUDIO_TS as data to a DVD-R and to a DVD-RW. the movie will play in the
    pc's i've tested it on. but only in 1 of 6 DVD Players

    these are the suggestions i have gotten from the other newsgroups.

    1.. make DVD Shrink chose ISO file instead of hard disk. then burn with
    Nero or another software and that's it.

    2. make sure the file system is UDF 1.02. also make sure the disks are
    final and players compatible with -R -RW...

    3. get nero 6 open nero expres and select DVD-Video Files, then add the
    file created by shrink.

    4. open recordnow and clike the data icon, highlight and drag both folders
    into record now. clike the red button and burn.

    thanks for the help. i will try these things.

    matt

    hiddenat, Aug 27, 2004
  11. hiddenat

    TSKO Guest

    If you use DVD decryptor, you can use the program to read the disc and upon
    reading it, it will make an ISO image on your hard drive. From what I have
    read, ISO image's make exact copies of the disc and supposedly the best way
    to read a disc. You then put the program into 'write' mode and it burns it
    to disc. It is very simple to use. I have Roxio, Decryptor, Smartripper
    and dVd shrink on my computer and I love Decryptor. One program does it
    all. Just my suggestion.

    TSKO, Aug 27, 2004

  12. Hey, I tried my newly ripped movies with my APEX DVD player and it
    didn't work but perfectly worked with my Mintek. I am using low end
    DVD players because they can be changed any time you want them
    changed.

    escapeartist69, Sep 21, 2004