    currently viewing Australia, Taken, and Slumdog Millionaire. All in
    minimum full DVD resolution or better.

    Jeez are you ever easy to lead down the path. Bwuahahahaha!

    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 3, 2009

  2. Dave U. Random

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    It must be absolutely wonderful to wander through life making up your
    own rules, living in your own world.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 3, 2009

  3. Dave U. Random

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Once again, I don't give a rats ass what you watch, how you view it or
    how you get it.

    The point here is that you, just like the people that you have berated,
    download copies of DVDs.

    You actually believe that purchasing a DVD gives you the right to
    download another copy of that DVD. The Easter bunny will be here soon too.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 3, 2009

  4. No, I did not. What I stated was that it is ok *EVEN* IF *YOU* are too
    stupid to understand. That is a reference to YOU directly, not a
    euphemistic 'you', you retarded twit.

    Get a clue, ditzy bitch.

    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 4, 2009

  5. I'll say it v e r y s l o w l y...

    The word "you" was a reference to YOU personally. With that in mind,
    read it again, retard.

    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 4, 2009

  6. Wrong. The remark was pointed directly at you from the moment I wrote
    it, you dippy twit. Any five year old in Bombay knows that.

    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 5, 2009

  7. You obviously didn't see the film, idiot.

    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 7, 2009
  8. Dave U. Random

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Oh, you are so clever, but still so wrong.

    Bombay is now Mumbai. Has been so for 13 years.
    Purchasing a DVD does not give you the right to download another copy of
    that DVD.

    Next?

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 7, 2009
  9. Dave U. Random

    RickMerrill Guest

    BlueBuyYoo wrote:

    I have "heard" that there are indeed a FEW DVDs whose purchase entitles
    you to - i forget exactly - watch on-demand, download ...

    The point is that cross-media marketing is possible. Ok, it's not a
    great point!

    RickMerrill, Mar 8, 2009
  10. Dave U. Random

    RickMerrill Guest

    A.L.,
    don't feed the trolls!

    RickMerrill, Mar 8, 2009
  11. Dave U. Random

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Right. Trolling AL is getting in the way of all of the other threads in
    this newsgroup.

    Oh, wait. This newsgroup is dead. Every time a thread is started, AL,
    Bart, Buford, Mimzy, AnimalMagic, pipe, patriot, neanderthal, secret,
    dark, roylfuchs, soothsayer, kraken, prong...et al takes over, cusses
    everyone out, calls them retards and kills the thread.

    I'm done.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 8, 2009

  12. Yet another totally retarded remark by the MightyStupid T.B.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 19, 2009
  13. Dave U. Random

    william Guest

     Not long ago, I watched a newer release, THE
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who saw it. Thank god it's OT for
    this group.

    William
    www.williamahearn.com

    william, Apr 19, 2009

  14. Some sources, like that of "Full Metal Jacket" are very grainy, and
    you will never see a marked picture improvement.

    It was however a better grainy flic than the DVD release is.

    I do resent the fact that this means that they forego performing a new
    telecine transfer.

    All we end up with is a soundtrack improvement, and then not even that
    in all cases.

    For the extra ten bucks, you'd think the idiot bastards would put
    something inside other than more damned SPAM,like a chapter sheet or
    booklet about the film. It isn't that hard. They get very lazy, and it
    varies from studio to studio.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 19, 2009
  15. <<<<<Snip>>>>>

    I'm relatively new to BluRay, having rented less than 20 titles from
    NetFlix so far. Very few have been significantly better than SD from
    my perspective, but I do feel that, where available, the lossless
    audio makes the overall viewing experience worth it. My receiver is
    an older 5.1, so I opted for the Sony BDP550 with analog audio output.
    And yes, I did purchase a copy of Planet Earth.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 19, 2009

  16. What display?

    Dr. Heywood R. Floyd, Apr 20, 2009
  17. I assume you're referring to 1080P on a Sony 52" XBR5. Amazing
    picture. Not the astounding sound I get from (for example) the Celine
    Dion "A New Day" Vegas show BluRay disc.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 20, 2009
  18. All one needs do is buy only those titles that are truly well produced
    as a BD title, and the studios will soon get the message and change their
    greedy ways. The problem is that despite millions of intelligent users
    of the realm that is high definition video and high quality audio, there
    are a few million more out there that are completely daft, and they will
    still buy them blindly, keeping the studios from ever feeling the
    economic obligation to change.

    We ought to boycott all of them in demand of better quality from the
    packaging, on down to an MSRP of no more than $25 for your typical base
    level,first run release. Actually there should never need be 'special'
    releases.

    If Americans could organize at that level, we could force better
    quality AND cheaper pricing on any given product.

    Sum Ting Wong, Apr 27, 2009