    that I can only format a floppy disc on my Sony Vaio desktop PCW_RX306
    which uses Windows XP home.

    Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

    Don, Jul 8, 2006

  2. Don

    beenthere Guest

    And the software you are using to achieve the format is ?.

    beenthere, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    I was hoping to use Windows XP. Windows XP enables me to Format a
    floppy disc and I was hoping to do the same with the DVD-RW discs which
    are no longer recognised as discs by my drives.

    Do I need special software? Can I recover the use of these discs as
    DVD-RW by re-formating or any other way or am I wasting my time? If
    formating will help what software do I need and where can I get it?

    Thanks for your help.

    Don, Jul 9, 2006