DVD Recorder Problem (Panasonic DMR-E30)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Raydad2002, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Raydad2002

    Raydad2002 Guest

    I have had a Panasonic DMR-E30 for 4 1/2 years and right now it's
    giving me problems. Everytime I try to record something by putting in
    a DVD-R in the machine (either a blank or has info. on it) it does its
    reading
    thing for a couple of minutes, then machine either reads "V11" and then
    NO
    DISC, just NO DISC (even though there is a disc inside) or the display
    reads
    nothing at all! It just goes blank.

    Is there anything I can do to fix this or will I have to send this to a

    repair shop or ship it back to the factory (That is if I still have the

    warranty).

    -Any suggestions?

    Raydad2002, Jan 18, 2006

  2. > -Any suggestions?

    Any time my E50 goes really whacko I unplug it
    and let it sit overnight and it usually behaves
    like nothing happened when I plug it back in the
    next day.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Jan 18, 2006

  3. In article <>, Darrel Christenson
    <> wrote:

    > > -Any suggestions?

    > Any time my E50 goes really whacko I unplug it
    > and let it sit overnight and it usually behaves
    > like nothing happened when I plug it back in the
    > next day.
    >

    > drc :)

    Strange as it may sound, unplugging an electronic device (computer, DVD
    burner, VCR, DVD player, garage door opener) that is acting "weird" and
    leaving it off for some time often "cures" it's problems. It probably
    purges the RAM or whatever problem is causing the glitch.

    Heinrich

    Heinrich Galland, Jan 19, 2006