    it hard or impossible to record?

    I do not need to copy DVDs, only television signals.
    -Rich

    Richard, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Richard

    luminos Guest

    The standalone will have the inputs and also the tuner. In addition, the
    Panasonic has special algorithms for
    handling noisy NTSC source signals and producing superior results to PC
    video cards.

    Yes... see ATI. I recommend the stand alone for your purpose. An advantage
    is that you get time slipping (pause and continue, like Tivo)
    using DVD-RAM.

    That depends. Some cable broadcasts of pay per view are reported to have
    copy protection codes transmitted, although I haven't come across this yet.

    luminos, Jan 12, 2004