    and white only. It doesn't have anything to do with adjusting the
    color on my tv--I watch tv or videoes just fine in color but any movie
    I put in the dvd player only plays in black and white. Very strange.

    MauraTrny, May 30, 2006

  2. Go into the player's setup menu and make sure it's set for the kind of
    connection you're actually using (component, S-video, composite).

    Kimba W. Lion, May 30, 2006

  3. MauraTrny

    Tom Guest

    Had the same problem once. Bent pin in the S-video cable.

    Tom, May 30, 2006
  4. MauraTrny

    mitech Guest

    If you're using the s-video connection make sure the plug is fully
    inserted.My s-video cable loosened on the back of my tv after I had
    moved it causing me to get a b/w picture.After I pushed the plug back in
    the color was restored!

    mitech, May 31, 2006
  5. MauraTrny

    MauraTrny Guest

    That's exactly what the problem was. Thanks everyone for your
    assistance.

    MauraTrny, Jun 1, 2006
  6. MauraTrny

    monkey

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Problem solved

    >Has anyone ever had any experience with the color going out on their
    >DVD player. I've had this DVD player for a few years and then
    >yesterday the color suddenly went out. Now all my dvd's play in black
    >and white only. It doesn't have anything to do with adjusting the
    >color on my tv--I watch tv or videoes just fine in color but any movie
    >I put in the dvd player only plays in black and white. Very strange.[/color]

    Go into the player's setup menu and make sure it's set for the kind of
    connection you're actually using (component, S-video, composite).[/QUOTE]

    I had the same problem - this fixed it straight away! Thanks

    monkey, Jun 25, 2009