    TIA,
    regards
    Ragnar

    Ragnar Heil, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Ragnar Heil

    Rich Clark Guest

    I do not believe such a player exists. The only SACD/DVD-A player I'm aware
    of in that price range is Pioneer's, which doesn't play divx.

    The best resource I know of for this sort of compatibility info is
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Ragnar Heil

    Dave Snyder Guest

    Hi,
    I had the Pioneer and was not happy with the sound. Picked up a Yamaha S-2300.
    It's $1000 but you get what you pay for. If you're going to get into SACD/DVD-A
    you will want a good player.
    ~ Dave
    ( The chief enemy of creativity is "good taste". )
    ----Pablo Picasso

    Dave Snyder, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Ragnar Heil

    Biz Guest

    Those 3 formats do not go together. KISS (DP-500)is one of the only
    manufacturers making a pseudo-compatible DIvX player, and they make no
    models that play DVD-A or SACD.

    Biz, Dec 27, 2003
  5. A hacked xbox running XBox Media Player would be able to, and would be
    less than 200E (and region free).

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 29, 2003
  6. Ragnar Heil

    Rich Clark Guest

    Thanks for playing. Your prize is a "disc not recognized" error from a
    non-hybrid SACD.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Dec 29, 2003
  7. I realized that when I later thought about the post, but one of the
    benefits of using the XBox is it would be progressive scan and region free.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 29, 2003
  8. Ragnar Heil

    Ragnar Heil Guest

    So it seems that there is no player which can handle Divx, SACD and
    DVD-Audio although Amazon wrote that the KISS DP-500 could do it

    Well, which 250$ player would you recommend if it should play
    (- basic formats)
    - MP3
    - jpeg
    - SACD
    - DVD-Audio

    I thought about Pioneer DV 565 (265 EUR)

    regards
    Ragnar

    Ragnar Heil, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Ragnar Heil

    Rich Clark Guest

    I don't see where it says that.
    That would be the one, if it's the European version of the DV-563A (which I
    believe it is). I'm very pleased with mine.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jan 2, 2004