    Does anyone know if this will solve the problem? Or am I out of luck
    and my DVD player is broken? Thanks for your input.

    -Mike

    Cryinstrat, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Cryinstrat

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Sounds like the DVD laser is dead or out of line which is why CD's still
    work. Problem is, cheap players like that are meant to be disposeable, so
    next time spend a little more for a better quality player.

    Pug Fugley, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Cryinstrat

    Oblivion Guest

    You might try a lens cleaner, but that's a long shot at best.

    Oblivion, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Cryinstrat

    Cryinstrat Guest

    Thanks. I appreciate all your help

    Cryinstrat, Apr 10, 2004
  5. Cryinstrat

    gadge1

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    chard
    dvd's will play but cd's won't

    i have a philips lx 3750w dvd video digital surround system i think i have the same problem do you think its worth geting fixed and how much do you think it would cost thanks

    gadge1, Aug 22, 2007