    viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.

    The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Rod Speed

    Thor Guest

    If you are going to be that flaming pedantic look at your own grammar
    it's "might have heard of google."
    ^^^^

    Thor, Mar 24, 2005

  3. :) What a thread this is... brings out the ... in all of us..

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=F2g_mo_th=F2in?=, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Rod Speed

    Joe Guest

    There is no such standalone player, at any price.

    Joe, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Rod Speed

    Ken Oaf Guest

    Thought about a Zensonic Z400? It still needs the PC but it will play pretty
    well anything.

    Ken Oaf, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Rod Speed

    Rick Guest

    Butt the kids in skool ar not tort to speek proper or no watt wurds to usse
    in the rite waye! Eminem Rulez, OK?

    Rick, Mar 24, 2005
  7. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    OK, mine does play quite a few file formats and
    says that FEW will play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly,
    so I assumed that it was saying that some do.

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  8. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Thats the one I had seen quite a while ago, and then forgot the details of.

    But http://www.zensonic.com/z400_specs.php
    says that the video supported is

    Video MPEG1 .dat/.mpg/.mpeg VCD, VCR
    MPEG2 .mpg/.mpeg/.vob DVD
    MPEG4 (Xvid) .avi Xvid
    MPEG4 (QuickTime) .mp4 QuickTime

    My current DVD player supports at least .mpeg and .avi and likely .vob too,
    but that doesnt help with the .dvr-ms or .ts the card can produce does it ?
    Or am I having a brain fart ?

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  9. Rod Speed

    Clockmeister Guest

    Clockmeister, Mar 24, 2005
  10. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  11. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Turns out that HDTVtoMPEG is free and very decent and very fast.

    No docs at all, but its all pretty obvious, the only less than completely
    obvious thing about it is that you have to select a channel to convert.

    It can strip bits of the .ts file like the ads too if you want to do that.

    Rod Speed, Mar 25, 2005
  12. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Bugger, there is one on the CD that comes with the card, just not very
    well documented. Its mentioned in the letter that comes with the card.

    DVRtoMPG that comes on the CD can be used at the command
    level and you can just drag and drop over the exe icon too.

    Rod Speed, Mar 25, 2005