    Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
    my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3

    :-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.

    James Cortez Jr., Feb 17, 2005

  2. Define what you mean by 'Play'. There are many DVD Players that will
    play music CD's or VCD's and MP3 CD's or JPEG Cd's. If you want to
    look at your Windows CD, try your computer; works quite well.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Feb 17, 2005

  3. James Cortez Jr.

    Robin Guest

    Perhaps he is looking for a DVD player that will play some
    of the same type video files that you would normally play on
    a PC like DIVX's or WMV's? Similar to the way many CD
    players will play MP3's and WMA's.

    Robin, Feb 19, 2005
  4. James Cortez Jr.

    jayembee Guest

    If by "plays data CDs" you mean that it can play, say, MPEG-4 codec
    files like DivX or XviD burned as data CDs, then yes, I can recommend
    the Philips 642. You can get it for about $70 from most of the usual
    discount department stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

    The Philips also has the advantage of being able to be made region
    free through a command from the remote, converting PAL to NTSC on
    the fly (and converting anamorphic PAL correctly), and playing VCDs
    and SVCDs as well.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 20, 2005