    access via a LAN cable connection to a computer with a wireless
    connection? Then I'd just need to put the netbook near the player and
    run a cable between them.

    Gib Bogle, Aug 19, 2012

  2. Gib Bogle

    Richard Guest

    You can enable internet connection sharing between the wireless and the
    ethernet port on any computer, but as it is going thru NAT then you will
    find that many things that rely on LAN access will not work, like
    finding DLNA servers and possibly windows servers if your player
    supports that.

    The last time I looked at it, the supported USB adapters were all good
    ones with multiple antennas and dual band. You might find a dirt cheap
    2.4Ghz only one will work but end up without enough thruput to play
    without stuttering.

    Richard, Aug 19, 2012

  3. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    I'm trying to avoid spending money because I'm not sure until I try it
    what use I'll make of the internet connection.

    Gib Bogle, Aug 20, 2012