    If it was because of a physical defect, wouldn't it happen in the same
    place every time??

    It happened around the same scene, if that matters.

    Richard Fangnail, Mar 1, 2010

  2. Richard Fangnail

    Guest Guest

    I wouldn't use rubbing compound first, it's pretty gritty.
    First I would use tooth paste, then polishing compound,
    then go to rubbing compound as a last resort.

    Chip

    Guest, Mar 2, 2010

  3. Richard Fangnail

    Guest Guest

    Sure! BTW, the same holds true for windshield scratches,
    but I don't think I would use rubbing compound on them.

    Chip

    Guest, Mar 2, 2010
  4. There is a small area that is slightly cloudy, almost like a
    fingerprint, though I tried to clean it.
    It's a DVD of "Heat" which was released quite a while ago.

    Richard Fangnail, Mar 2, 2010

  5. Watching on the PC, or from a real DVD player?

    Lil Red Riding In The Hood, Mar 4, 2010

  6. Get a friend to rent it from netflix and return that one instead.

    Lil Red Riding In The Hood, Mar 4, 2010
  7. Richard Fangnail

    UCLAN Guest

    After you go to the expense of adding all of the Netflix identifiers
    to the disc, of course. What? You think they're stupid?

    UCLAN, Mar 4, 2010

  8. Then do it with a local rental store.

    Lil Red Riding In The Hood, Mar 4, 2010
  9. Richard Fangnail

    GMAN Guest

    Agreed, there was a local video rental store around here (Remember those?)
    that used to put UV sensitive paint on the bottom of the hubs of the video
    tapes so that when they were reurned , they just had to hold it to a UV
    lightsource to see if someone had opened the tape and exchanged a copy
    into the case. They had alot of that happen back then when those dual Go Video
    VCR's popped into the market. Many of the tapes back then were still rental
    only, $99 wonders.

    I am very sure there are some similar measures to make sure they get back the
    DVD's that they ship.

    GMAN, Mar 4, 2010
  10. Richard Fangnail

    UCLAN Guest

    Oh, there is. A bar code and a white ring on the center of the disc.

    UCLAN, Mar 4, 2010

  11. LOCAL and SHIP do not go together, ShipDip.

    Lil Red Riding In The Hood, Mar 5, 2010
  12. Richard Fangnail

    FatBytestard Guest

    Then they are retarded as well. So is any idiot that would have a
    problem reproducing one.

    It would take me less than ten minutes, and that is only because I
    would have to go find my camera, and add fresh batteries to it.

    FatBytestard, Mar 6, 2010
  13. Richard Fangnail

    UCLAN Guest

    Probably less than you wasted pecking in the above babble.

    Are you just upset that your post of March 4 has been shown to be your
    usual false information?

    UCLAN, Mar 11, 2010
  14. Richard Fangnail

    raoul789 Guest

    I'm sorry, did you say that you can steal it?

    Raoul

    raoul789, Mar 12, 2010
  15. Richard Fangnail

    UCLAN Guest

    FatBytestard wrote:

    [admission of being a criminal snipped]
    Redirect again. Nice work, coward. No, I don't smoke. I guess that keeps
    your streak of incorrect statements alive. Are you mentally capable of
    uttering a logical statement? I didn't think so...

    UCLAN, Mar 12, 2010
  16. Richard Fangnail

    FatBytestard Guest

    No. I did not say that I CAN do anything.

    What I DL to my not-permanently connected, fully encrypted, never gonna
    get anywhere with your baby bullshit drive is MY business, you retarded
    twit.

    I have spent several tens of thousands of dollars on my collection, and
    if I want to put one of them onto my laptop or portable player, I
    will,and nothing a petty twit like you says will change that.

    So go back to your pathetic little chat room, text boy.

    FatBytestard, Mar 13, 2010
  17. Richard Fangnail

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

    She still believes that purchasing a DVD/BD gives her the right to
    download a copy of that movie.

    You are a thief! Plain and simple, petty little thief!

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 13, 2010
  18. Richard Fangnail

    raoul789 Guest

    I wasn't sure before, but now it's clear you are an idiot.
    YOU said you can download it for free. That's not the same
    thing as transferring it from your collection to your hd.
    So, now that you are caught lying AND stealing, ESAD, moron.

    Raoul

    raoul789, Mar 13, 2010
  19. Richard Fangnail

    UCLAN Guest

    MeowSayTongue wrote:

    [...snip]

    MeowSayTongue supporting FatBytestard; FatBytestard supporting MeowSayTongue.
    How transparent. They are both the same person posting from 72.197.142.115.
    Gutter dweller for sure...

    UCLAN, Mar 13, 2010
  20. Richard Fangnail

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    So true.

    He also stated that he makes tapes and MP3s from CDs and reel to reel
    recordings from 78s, but cannot spare the precious CPU cycles to rip a DVD.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 13, 2010