    one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    discs are so large?

    Richard Cranium, Apr 9, 2009

  2. Different soundtracks. Still won't make it that big, even on BD.

    If it is 60GB, it doesn't fit on a single disc. If you saw a 60GB
    torrent reference (likely), it was for a COLLECTION of discs.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009

  3. I thought 60Gb was strange for one disc, but that was what Windows
    Explorer reported. Most DVDs have a few VTS files that run about 1Gb
    each. This disc had a VTS file in 4 or 5 segments totaling over 4Gb
    that seemed to be repeated 17 times (i.e., VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1,
    VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, then the same series for VTS_02_ through VTS_17_).
    I may be a bit off because that's strictly from memory. Unfortunately
    I already mailed the DVD back to Netflix. The disc title is "Doubt".
    I have seen this sort of thing before and thought it might be related
    to some form of anti-copying effort. Certainly the movie doesn't
    require so many VTS files.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 9, 2009
  4. Richard Cranium

    lugnut Guest

    I imagine it is some sort of copy-protection. For one, the DVD
    couldn't hold 60gb if it wanted to. I forget which movie it was, but
    I recently came across another title that reported a ridiculous size
    in Windows Explorer as well. Nothin' DVDFab can't handle, though.

    -lugnut

    lugnut, Apr 9, 2009
  5. Would DVDFab simply ignore these sectors? Obviously, Windows Explorer
    is reporting a filesize that is not at all accurate. It seems that
    playing the disc couldn't include actually accessing these extraneous
    files or copying the disc would be no problem. Also, lugnut did say
    (above) that DVDFab handles this issue.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 9, 2009

  6. A DVD ONLY holds about 9GB. That is a commercially made film disc, which
    are typically two layers.

    If your PC reported 60GB, then your PC or your OS' capacity to view
    that optical medium's file system has issues.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009
  7. You're an idiot. You base your retarded contention that I do not know
    anything about it based on one response. Typical stupidity on your part,
    and I'll bet that it has been a problem with you throughout all your
    pathetic, presumptuous life.

    That is why you could never be a leader. You are too goddamned retarded
    going around making your retarded assumptions about others. You are
    truly pathetic.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009

  8. No one wants to hear your bitching.

    Grow up. Do it somewhere else.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 10, 2009

  9. No, idiot. You are, since you obviously have no clue what <sic> means.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 11, 2009
  10. Richard Cranium

    Drumrboy Guest

    LOL. You don't know what "sic" means, do you tough guy?

    Drumrboy, Apr 12, 2009
  11. Yes, I do. It extends beyond mere word play. In this case, it is name
    play.

    You're welcome, asswipe. Though I still doubt that you got it.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 12, 2009

  12. Stop making stupid shit up like the little retard you are.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 16, 2009

  13. Stop making stupid shit up, like the little retard you are.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 16, 2009
  14. No, there YOU go again, you retarded twit.

    Stop making stupid shit up, like the little retard you are.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 16, 2009
  15. You said that word again!

    Richard Cranium, Apr 16, 2009

  16. You said that word again, again!

    Richard Cranium, Apr 16, 2009

  17. You said that word again, again, again!
    That's three times in three successive posts, each one minute apart.

    It appears that your utilization of this obviously self-incriminating
    terminology is reflexive and involuntary. You may also be oblivious
    to the stress being induced in your body and mind as you sit at your
    PC daily seeking some form of accreditation at the keyboard. A mirror
    placed aside the monitor will permit you to see the bulging veins as
    your blood pressure rises with each tap of the keys. Blood splatter
    patterns on the monitor screen will indicate the beginning of your
    demise. Best keep that Bowie knife close at hand.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 16, 2009

  18. It would appear that way... to a total retard like you.

    self incriminating? Hardly, jackoff retard.

    If being retarded was criminal, you would have been imprisoned decades
    ago.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 17, 2009