    it does it again.

    Any ideas to fix?

    Doc

    J. H. Holliday, May 2, 2005

  2. J. H. Holliday

    Aquanaut Guest

    Best connection for a burner is on its own IDE channel.Or atleast set as
    master.
    Avoid using cable select for burners.
    Try reconfiguring your system,hard drives on one IDE ,optical on IDE2

    Aquanaut, May 3, 2005

  3. The exact setup here is the hard drive is SATA, the optical drive that came
    with the computer was an IDE CD burner. I added the IDE DVD burner.

    Would it work to set the two optical drives to Master and Slave rather than
    both on cable select?

    Doc

    J. H. Holliday, May 3, 2005
  4. J. H. Holliday

    Aquanaut Guest

    As you have a problem--try it.
    Why have a cd and a dvd burner,your dvd burner will do both.Would make more
    sense to have a dvd player drive in place of the cd burner.
    Do you have different software(burn)installed for each drive?---some do not
    sit comfortably with each other.

    Aquanaut, May 3, 2005