    My daughter would be eternally grateful for help. Can't play SIMS.

    regards,
    Shegs

    shegnan1959, Jun 16, 2007

  2. shegnan1959

    meerkat Guest

    Check Device Manager for any errors.
    Unplug, and re-plug the cables to the drive.
    Straighten a paperclip and push it firmly into the release
    hole in the front of the drive.
    Pull the tray right out, and back in again.
    If it still doesn`t work, it`s knackered.

    meerkat, Jun 16, 2007

  3. shegnan1959

    shegnan1959 Guest

    Thank you. Your a genius. One very happy daughter. Couldn't find a
    paper clip but a panel pin did the job too.

    Kind Regards,
    Shegs

    shegnan1959, Jun 16, 2007
  4. shegnan1959

    PeeCee Guest

    Shegs

    I've struck ones where the magnetic disk clamp is too strong and the drive
    mech can't over come 'the force'.
    If it happens again just leave a CD in the tray all the time.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 17, 2007
  5. shegnan1959

    Plato Guest

    CD drives fail more often than you realize. Perhaps time to install a
    new one.

    Plato, Jun 19, 2007
  6. shegnan1959

    Rick Merrill Guest