    Andy Petro Guest

    My DVD drive will not recognize a blank DVD disk but will recognize one
    that has files on it. Any suggestions Google doesn't have any .

    Andy Petro, Dec 28, 2011

  2. Andy Petro

    Bville Guest

    I think that's the way it's supposed to be. The disk has nothing on it,
    so it says "please insert a disk." I think you're good to go.

    Bville, Dec 28, 2011

  3. Andy Petro

    MyNews_Admin Guest

    Need to know the [OS]
    you running on your computer,
    if it windows I can help you,
    if Unix,
    I bet some one here can help you out!

    MyNews_Admin, Dec 29, 2011
  4. Andy Petro

    kelly Guest

    Yep, Andy. What Bville suggested is what I get. So I just put in a
    blank (when I need it) and go.
    If I want to know what's on the disk I load it and right-click and
    then "open".

    kelly, Dec 29, 2011
  5. Andy Petro

    Andy Petro Guest

    Operating system is Win XP . PRO

    Andy Petro, Jan 2, 2012
  6. Andy Petro

    - Bobb - Guest

    IF it's a DVD BURNER, then it came with some software- run it.
    If not a burner - then it CAN'T read it - it's blank.

    - Bobb -, Jan 14, 2012
  7. My silly wild-assed guess is that at some point there was a blank disc
    loaded, and a dialog box came up and asked, "What would you like to do?" and
    there was a checkbox, "Always take this action." that got checked along with
    the option of, "Do Nothing."

    Now we are days, weeks, months, whatever, down the road and you are asking,
    how come it does nothing?

    Jeff Strickland, Jan 14, 2012
  8. Good call.

    Jeff Strickland, Jan 14, 2012