    I remember something similar with VHS tapes too.

    thanks in advance
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Use.Netuser.ntl, Aug 6, 2005

  3. videohelp.com has alot of tools and tutorials but if you go asking there they'll probably just tell you to get a
    DVD player that does PAL / NTSC conversion. Most newer DVD players do. Besides, you'll have to use so
    many steps, so many tools, so much time (I'm not going to tell you everything here) that you'll end up with a
    worse looking MPEG2 file than you started with no matter what. Save yourself alot of time and trouble and
    get a JVC for $50 at Best Buy.

    whatevernevermind, Aug 6, 2005
  4. Steve & Chris Clark

    me Guest

    Firstly ,region codes are different from the country's TV system.
    Simplest way is to get a DVD player that can :
    a ) Play multiregion discs(Usually by way of a numerical hack via the remote
    control)
    b ) then output the PAL signal to display correctly on a US NTSC
    TV,otherwise it will be B/W !!

    I bought a Magnavox MDV455 DVD player for $50 at Best Buy and entered a hack
    code through the remote to allow playing of all regions of DVD's on my US
    TV.(NTSC)
    Also has a menu option which allows PAL discs to display corectly on a US TV
    .. For $50 it works great.

    Most (if not all) DVD players can play PAL and NTSC discs, it just depends
    whether the TV can handle the signal and display it correctly.

    me, Aug 6, 2005
  5. Steve & Chris Clark

    johnny o Guest

    "Firstly" is not a word. What if there was 17 items? Would you write:
    "Seventeenthly"?

    johnny o, Aug 6, 2005
  6. Steve & Chris Clark

    Jimbo Guest

    "Firstly" is a word in the Engllish langauge, what language are you
    referring to?

    Jimbo, Aug 6, 2005
  7. Thank you everyone for your great suggestions and help....and the laugh
    about "firstly" :)
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Steve & Chris Clark

    johnny o Guest

    I'm referring to English, not Engllish. I bet you looked it up. Let's just
    say it's used out of context.

    johnny o, Aug 6, 2005