DVD captures with Hypersnap and PowerDVD. Is there anything else?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Patrick D. Rockwell, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. I got both Hypersnap and PowerDVD in 2002. I got Hypersnap first because I'd
    hoped that it would do captures of DVD. It never did,
    but then I got PowerDVD, and that worked.

    I seemed to remember that for some reason, at first I thought that I needed
    to use BOTH Hypersnap and PowerDVD together to get the
    captures. Later, I soon learned that I only need PowerDVD. I even have a
    folder with some .JPG captures of "Scream If You Know
    What I Did Last Friday The 13th", but PowerDVD only captures in .BMP so, I
    must've used both.

    Today, I tried it again with the "Tommyknockers" DVD that I rented tonight.
    PowerDVD can capture the pictures on it's own, but if I try
    to pause, and then use Hypersnap, I just get a black rectangle when I save
    it. I must've done something else. Maybe at the time (in 2002)
    I used PowerDVD to save the snaps to clipboard and used Hypersnap to paste
    them. I just don't see how my system could have changed
    so that Hypersnap would be unable to do something that it once was able to
    do. :)

    Well, I guess my question is this. Has anyone had any luck doing DVD
    captures with Hypersnap? The FAQ for the latest version say that
    it can't do it anymore because the new DVD technology is too clever. What
    other software besides PowerDVD can do it?

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Joop Guest

    I can use Hypersnap (5) to grab shots from my MPEG and AVI files when I play
    them in Zoomplayer, but not in WinAmp (5.03), these are all black. Also when
    you move another window over Winamp video screen, it stays black, but not in
    Zoomplayer (great player that is)

    Joop

    Joop, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Jim Capaldi Guest

    WinDVD does screen captures as part of the program; nothing else is needed.

    Jim Capaldi, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Sounds like you are using a Hardware DVD Decoder card and WinAMP is
    using the hardware DVD card but Zoom Player isn't or disables it when
    a screen shot is done....

    John H. Guillory, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Gill Bates Guest