DVD Burning Speed?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by James_S, Aug 8, 2004.

  1. James_S

    James_S Guest

    I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some DVD files).

    I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
    I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I copied these files
    I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
    The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4

    The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !

    Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get burned in 5-6mins?
    Or should I start troubleshooting?
    If so, some guidance pleas.

    ---

    James_S, Aug 8, 2004

  2. James_S

    SwissTony Guest

    "James_S" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some DVD files).
    >
    > I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
    > I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I copied these
    > files
    > I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
    > The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4
    >
    > The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !
    >
    > Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get burned in
    > 5-6mins?
    > Or should I start troubleshooting?
    > If so, some guidance pleas.

    Dreamin i'm afraid :(
    I guess the new 16X dvd burners can do it in that time, but at 4 speed 16
    mins is about right.

    SwissTony, Aug 8, 2004

  3. James_S

    x@y Guest

    "SwissTony" <> wrote in message
    > "James_S" <> wrote in message

    > > I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some

    DVD files).

    > > I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
    > > I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I

    copied these
    > > files
    > > I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
    > > The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4
    > >
    > > The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !
    > >
    > > Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get

    burned in
    > > 5-6mins?
    > > Or should I start troubleshooting?
    > > If so, some guidance pleas.

    > Dreamin i'm afraid :(
    > I guess the new 16X dvd burners can do it in that time, but at

    4 speed 16
    > mins is about right.

    Hello "SwissTony" !!

    Try this Link, there should some answers to Your
    burning Questions.
    (http://forums.afterdawn.com/)

    Good Luck. x@y

    x@y, Aug 9, 2004
  4. James_S

    x@y Guest

    "SwissTony" <> wrote in message

    > "James_S" <> wrote in message
    > > I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some

    DVD files).

    > > I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
    > > I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I

    copied these
    > > files
    > > I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
    > > The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4
    > >
    > > The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !
    > >
    > > Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get

    burned in
    > > 5-6mins?
    > > Or should I start troubleshooting?
    > > If so, some guidance pleas.

    > Dreamin i'm afraid :(
    > I guess the new 16X dvd burners can do it in that time, but at

    4 speed 16
    > mins is about right.

    Hello "Swiss Tony" !!
    I answered this Post 18 hours ago, it did not show up
    so I am trying once more.
    Try this Link and there You may find some answers to Your
    burning questions.

    (http://forums.afterdawn.com/)

    Good Luck x@y.

    x@y, Aug 10, 2004