DVD Burner Pioneer DVR109 vs Lg 4163B. Best buy????????

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mago, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Mago

    Mago Guest

    Mago, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Mago

    Large Farva Guest

    Pioneer is the only choice there.

    Large Farva, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Mago

    Mike Guest

    We had 8 LGs through our shop with V300 firmware, all failed within 2 months
    of use. They were replaced with firmware version 301, now they are all
    starting to fail - so DEFINITELY, do not touch the LG burners, they are a
    pile of crap. Every person I know who got the LG ended up having problems.
    Also, using Roxio and Ritek 8x -R discs, they would only burn at 4x, but
    when I replaced the crappy LG's with Pioneer 109, they offered the option of
    burning 12x on the same disc.

    Mike, Mar 6, 2005
  4. yes the 109 is very stable drive still the best buy in our choice

    nicholas waiton, Mar 7, 2005