    any alternative in the way of free or relatively low cost DVD playback
    software for XP home. TIA.

    JW

    Just Wondering, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Try putting some other DVD's in the PC. A lot of them come with free
    players for your PC.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?-Cryogenic-=A9?=, Apr 30, 2004

  3. We did try Inter Actual Player from one DVD but got an error that there was
    a problem with the video subsystem?? The suggestion of lowering screen
    resolution had no effect. All other video seems to play OK. We will check
    out some other DVD's and see what is available. Thanks for the advice.

    Just Wondering, Apr 30, 2004
  4. try this one
    http://www.fwnetwork.com/description/dsplayer.html

    I haven't tried it personally, but it's free!

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?-Cryogenic-=A9?=, Apr 30, 2004
  5. Just Wondering, Apr 30, 2004
  6. Just Wondering

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Here's a free DVD plug in for Windows Media player...if you are
    interested...someone else posted the link to this on this newsgroup a few
    weeks back.

    home.online.no/~msols/DVDPack.msi or
    http://www.speakeasy.org/~intense1/bink/DVDPack.msi

    It should install into Windows Media player and allow you to use that to
    play DVD's on your computer. Of course, that only works if you have a DVD
    ROM (or writer) in your computer.

    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004
  7. Tried the link but only get 404....thanks anyway, and yes, we do have a DVD
    burner.

    Just Wondering, May 2, 2004
  8. Just Wondering

    Unk Guest

    ftp://iseb2.surgi.dote.hu/Microsoft/XP/DVDPack/DVDPack.msi

    Unk, May 2, 2004
  9. Just Wondering

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Thanks, Unk! My first link works too, but for some reason didn't post as a
    link correctly. A "cut-n-paste" would have done the job.

    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004
  10. Just Wondering

    Unk Guest

    I downloaded it too, just in case it completely disappears. :)

    Unk, May 2, 2004
  11. Just Wondering

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Without a doubt! I'm going to burn it to a drivers CD I'm making for this
    old laptop. Can't expect Dell to keep files online forever either. The links
    just make it easy to post up here for others needing it.

    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004
  12. Just Wondering

    Unk Guest

    Can always upload it to alt.binaries.test if need-be.

    Unk, May 2, 2004
  13. Just Wondering

    Toolman Tim Guest

    True...this old dog would have to learn some new tricks though <g>

    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004
  14. Thanks Toolman and Unk. I did try the first link as well but for some reason
    it didn't work last night but it does now.

    Just Wondering, May 3, 2004