    DV).

    Thanks for any help.

    BP

    BP, Sep 9, 2003

  2. BP

    shane hobson Guest

    shane hobson, Sep 10, 2003

  3. BP

    Mutley Guest

    You could buy a cheap DV camcorder that does analog to DV and back
    again conversion.. Though the ADVC 100 is a good box. From memory
    it cost around the NZ$700 to $800 mark..

    Mutley, Sep 11, 2003
  4. BP

    BP Guest

    Thanks for the replies...

    Protel in Welly have a videodata unit (DAC-100) for around the 400-500 mark
    I believe (the price isn't on the site, and that is secondhand knowledge for
    the pricing).

    I was hoping there would be another, cheaper option, but it looks like the
    best deal I'll get.

    Thanks again.

    BP

    BP, Sep 12, 2003
  5. You could buy a cheap DV camcorder that does analog to DV and back
    When I tried this to get some hi-8 tapes onto the PC to get some stills from it
    was a disaster. It basically looked like a bad jpeg before I even saved it. Also
    I swear it looked like it was being reduced to composite and back on the way
    thru despite using an svideo cable. I ended up getting better stills from my
    bt848 card and dscaler.

    Never did try it for video tho, but what I got from the dv camera itself was
    pretty rubbish, so it may just be the sony I was borrowing. I always thought
    that DV was good quality but im thinking tht svideo is better :(

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Sep 12, 2003